Hi, my name is Anthony and I live in New Jersey. I am new to sewing and just got myself a Singer 29-4. I think in was made in 1916. I joined the group to have a resource to find help on learning how to maintain and use the machine. Interested in leather work although I know the machine is not necevssarily the best to work with leather because the presser foot will mark the leather. Any advice would be helpful. Remember, never sewed a stitch in my life.

Love old machines , and Welcome Anthony! what kind of leather work do you do? post some pictures and I would love to see the machine!

Hi bigorange,

It's nice to hear from you. Here is a pics of my Singer 29-4. I'm just starting in leather work and sewing so I don't have anything to show you yet.

I'd love to see your work.

post-57029-0-03139000-1417567137_thumb.j

Welcome to the best site on the internet! You'll find that the majority of people here are more than happy to help, but it may take a few days before they see it.

I'm going to move this topic down to Leather Sewing machines so that the resident experts will more readily see it. Good luck with your stitcher.