MJean

For Sale Cobra Stitcher - Brand New

I purchased a cobra class 3 leather stitcher about 4 months ago. I do leather work by hand and wanted a stitcher to speed up the process. I can't figure out how to use the thing so it's just been sitting in my studio. Unused and untouched. It's essentially brand new. Still has warranty from manufacturer. I have receipts of purchase for you. Costs new $2195 plus $200 for shipping. I'm offering at $2000 which saves you $400.

This is for pickup only. It's VERY heavy. If you really want it shipped contact me to see if we can work something out. I will NOT ship out of USA.

If interested call me at 847-722-4682 or email jbjeanhutchins@yahoo.com

post-48715-0-24817100-1389714152_thumb.j

I am on day two with my cobra class 4. It takes some time and reading.. But dont give up. With about twenty pieces of scrap leather I am already figuring it out.

Methinks you need to just start playing with it. There are losts of people on the site to help and Steve will back you up all the way.

I purchased a cobra class 3 leather stitcher about 4 months ago. I do leather work by hand and wanted a stitcher to speed up the process. I can't figure out how to use the thing so it's just been sitting in my studio. Unused and untouched. It's essentially brand new. Still has warranty from manufacturer. I have receipts of purchase for you. Costs new $2195 plus $200 for shipping. I'm offering at $2000 which saves you $400.

This is for pickup only. It's VERY heavy. If you really want it shipped contact me to see if we can work something out. I will NOT ship out of USA.

If interested call me at 847-722-4682 or email jbjeanhutchins@yahoo.com

As previous posters, you need to sit down and try out the machine, start with the leather type and thickness it came set up to do. (The sample that came with the machine.) Make sure the machine is threaded correctly. There are videos on YouTube for various machines. Make sure the bobbin is in correctly.

You shouldn't need to change any tension settings unless you have changed them already. If you have adjusted the tension, come back and ask some more questions, or do a search here for the same issues. To begin with, keep track of where the tension was set. Mark the knob, count the turns, etc. so you can go back to where you were.

Use the same thread size, same needle size. Hold onto the threads for 2 or 3 stitches when you start a stitch. Practice following a line. Practice following a curve. Practice making right angle turns.

If you lift the presser foot while making a turn, just barely ease it up so you can turn the leather. If you lift it too far, it releases the top tension and you will notice your stitch doesn't look right, or you get a birds nest under the leather.

When making a sharp turn, wait until the needle has risen about 1/4" from the bottom before you make the turn. Turning too soon may reduce the loop so the hook misses it and you have a skipped stitch.

There are also videos on practice work that I saw posted here a month or so ago.

Have fun with your machine. It will do a great job for you.

Tom

Edit: There might be someone close by that can help you a little. Ask and see.

And oil it up before you use it since it has been sitting so long.

I purchased a cobra class 3 leather stitcher about 4 months ago. I do leather work by hand and wanted a stitcher to speed up the process. I can't figure out how to use the thing so it's just been sitting in my studio.

Edited by northmount

My stitcher is still for sale if anyone is interested. Life has taken me in a different direction and I'm no longer doing leather work. I'm offering the machine at $1800.....I really need to get it sold.

I would be very intersted in buying this machine if you could ship to Billings, MT you can email me at scott.dark.leather@gmail.com

Thanks, Scott

Hello MJean,

Did you already sell your cobra class 3 leather stitcher?

Hi,

I will buy this machine right now. What is the cost to ship to Denver, CO?

Thanks,

Brian

I've sold the stitcher; it is no longer available.