Sign in to follow this  
Elton Joorisity

Bronc Halter Order

IMG_0491.JPGIMG_0487.JPGHere's a bronc halter order that I did for a stock contractor friend of mine from Montana. The "Let's Play" halter will be adorning the Montana Circuit Finals Bareback Horse of the year who is coincidentally named Let's Play. He requests nylon goods all of the time because it's easier for him to take them to the carwash to pressure wash them clean if they get muddy. :head_hurts_kr:

post-3534-1214449941_thumb.jpg

post-3534-1214449967_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elton Joorisity

Nice work Elton...

See why I go through so many of Weaver's 999WL buckles now Bob? I've orderred a lot more of them since we got that first batch.

Elton,

Good looking headgear. Thanks for the look at the hardware too. I have been using the SS #999, but looks like the WL 999 might be a little handier to buckle with the loop for the strap holding it on. I have been using the #3620 dee and ring. The Weaver catalog lists the 1-1/2" in #3610 as a new size, so they might not have been around when I placed my "enough for a lifetime" order. It's getting less though, I think I have 6 of them left.

On another note, I got an email last night from a guy. Any sources of latch buckles for flanks?

The #999WL buckles will be my standard for bronc halters and flanks from now on. Saves a lot of time by not having to punch slots for the tongues. I just wish they made the 1 3/4" in stainless. Maybe if we all beg for them it will happen. As well I really like the #3610 loop and ring. I always used to use a ring and a carriage bolt on the throat to chin connector and HATED the looks of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elton,

I'll kick on Weavers too for a 1-3/4" WL 999. My standard is 1-3/4", which is I guess why I bought a pile of the 3620 dee and rings. Under the chin 1-1/2" ought to work. They are made from pretty heavy duty stock too. Agreed on the bolt and ring undet the chin too. They work OK, but just look they were an afterthought. Do you ever get any requests to reverse the halter, put the buckle on the off side?

I honestly thought about doing half these halters for left hand delivery and the other half for right hand delivery but then I thought that it would just lead to a bunch of confused bronc riders!!! :evillaugh: I have had requests for a buckle on both sides in the past too.

Another thing I'll mention is that John already had a set of halters from a year ago from another maker. They were made for USA type broncs and didn't fit Canadian bred feather footed swell rippin snake stompers very well!!!!!!!!!! These halters are made to fit "Swamp Donkeys" as John puts it.

Elton,

:rofl: "Swamp Donkey"??? Ya mean like this one? The embarassing thing is that he does kind of look the part, doesn't he?

Copy_of_new_pics_005__Small_.jpg

post-29-1214506926_thumb.jpg

Not to take away from your topic. Bruce you asked if Elton knew about any flank buckles. were you asking about the flank bucking cinch quick release buckles? If so check out www.lowreyusa.com I believe they will have what you need.

BTW I enjoyed meeting and talking with you at Jerimiah Watts at the tree fitting seminar.

Elton Nice work on the halters! I haven't had to many opertunities to make any bronc halters but those are some good working ones.

Sorry about the repeat

Edited by skip

Skip, first of all thanks for the compliments. I do a lot of halters and flanks up here. Second of all the site is www.lowyusa.com

I used to buy my trips there but they only ship UPS and the brokerage fees were cuttin in to my profit margin a littlle too deep so now I get them from D.J. Associates in Arkansas.

Bruce, "Swap Donkey" is a common term for a moose up here. I dunno if it's embarassing, I own one that's WAY UGLIER!!! No matter though, he's handier than pockets on a shirt!100_0695.JPG

post-3534-1214524386_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elton Joorisity

Shoulda said "Swamp Donkey" in my last reply but no big deal.

IMG_0491.JPGIMG_0487.JPGHere's a bronc halter order that I did for a stock contractor friend of mine from Montana. The "Let's Play" halter will be adorning the Montana Circuit Finals Bareback Horse of the year who is coincidentally named Let's Play. He requests nylon goods all of the time because it's easier for him to take them to the carwash to pressure wash them clean if they get muddy. :head_hurts_kr:
g'day elton,like your work,i guess if your gonna back up your holes with nylon q,why not the buckle side too,i like seat belt nylon cause its thinner,use it in saddle rigs also,a li'l extra work but a better product eh.haven't made any gloves yet, i'd rather take a whippin

desperation may drive me there soon .hoo roo peter john

Elton,

You've you've been crankin out some awful nice stuff this year. I'm glad you've been keepin busy.

Here's a shot one I made back when that kind of work was still around here.

Always good to see your stuff. GH

Bronk_Halter3.jpg

Bronk_Halter4.jpg

post-5156-1225590276_thumb.jpg

post-5156-1225590289_thumb.jpg

Hidemechanic, did you use "t" nuts on the backside of the nosebands for the screws to thread into??

EJ,

To tell the truth I forget where those came from but they are like monster Chicago screws. Courser thread and harder steel. It was smooth enough on the back after I cinched it down that chafing was no prob. GH

They look great Elton. Can you post a picture of the inside of the nose band please.

Thanks,

Art

Art, Thankyou. I'm sorry but I shipped those halters about 3 months ago. The inside of the nosebands are pretty boring. Simple latigo lining.