Drac

latest masks

got to play with the airbrush of one of the roomie's with the last 3. me likey! all that's left to do to them are the tie cords for wearing or hanging. :whatdoyouthink: need to figure out pricing on masks too. any suggestions?

mask_3.JPG

mask_4.JPG

mask_5.JPG

mask_6.JPG

post-5673-1204061339_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1204061347_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1204061354_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1204061360_thumb.jpg

lovely work drac, i like the bottom one the best, the airbrush makes the colouring look more professional, you must be very happy with the results.

definitely happy with the results. I think it makes the molding stand out even more. and thanks!

Nice stuff!

Black n red sure is a given success!

The scales on the third looks awsome. Got me thinking off that tv serie V but those were green I think.

Nice work, one sure wishes for an airbrush equip, but..money..money, sigh.

Maybe you could look back at stuff you sold before and come up with what it costs per hour when you work and the throw in what material costs. Seen people here suggest to double the material cost for buying in new material and some hidden costs, like how much would a few tiny drops of paint cost, and then a few drops of oil, a few drops of sealer and so on. It all adds up in the end.

Tom

Ok Drac,

You are going nuts with work now. You need to sleep sometime. I know the feeling. Do you cut everything out B4 or after you shape? Anyway, these are really cool. I'm with Roo, the last is my favorite.

tom

I have a secret for doing the scales. roo knows! heh heh heh

spider

sleep?!?! huh?!?! wazzat?!?! I make a template out of posterboard, then cut the leather, then shape. sometimes dye before shaping, sometimes after.

Do you have a mold that you shape on? I've always wondered about those costume pieces and the body armor that gives everyone a six-pack.

Drac, AWESOME! You would KILL at Mardi Gras! They all look great!

My two favorite masks of all time Lone Ranger- Kato- Got to make one of those one day, even just to wear to the bank... :)

hmmm... bank... yeah, suuuure :mellow: *L* always dug those 2 masks meself. they used a knock-off kato one in a jet li movie

Drac...those are killer! What type of airbrush do you use?

Awesome work as always!

tracy

I'm using a form I made from the case a halloween mask I got came in since I don't have a dummy head other than me own. *L*

hellcat

thanks! I'm using a badger 150 that's about 15 years old.

anne

thanks too to you!

fightn

another thanks! peeps usually use them for costume balls and decorations.

Awesome masks ^_^ They are all really neat, though I'd be inclined to jump on the bandwagon, so to speak, and say that I like the last one best. The long spikes look really sweet ^__^