I am new to the site. Glad I found it. I haven't had a real chance to go through all the posts on holsters yet, but will start soon. I have been doing leather work for about 2 years now as a hobby. I just purchased a IMI Baby Eagle 9mm and want to make a holster for it to match the wallet I made my self. (It is done with veggie tan leather, lined with crock skin. And I have had is so long the finish is wearing off) What I am looking for is some referance to a pattern for it or making a pattern for it. I haven't done any pattern making. All the leather work I have done has been patterns I have bought and then modified for my use. I am need some good referance on pattern making. I am wanting a IWB, wet molded holster for this gun. That is tooled on the outside to match the tooling on the wallet and lined in crock just like my wallet. Any help would be greatlly appriciated.

Thank you to all. :clapping:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

post-6159-1205511241_thumb.jpg

post-6159-1205511279_thumb.jpg

post-6159-1205511317_thumb.jpg

First off, you're not going to like the baby eagle inside your waistband with any of the clothing you wear regularly. It's just too thick. I suggest at least one size larger at the waist for whatever you're wearing. As to patterns....make one. File folders are great, as they already have a 'center line' ( the fold crease). Center the pistol, then lay on either side and trace.

First off, you're not going to like the baby eagle inside your waistband with any of the clothing you wear regularly. It's just too thick. I suggest at least one size larger at the waist for whatever you're wearing. As to patterns....make one. File folders are great, as they already have a 'center line' ( the fold crease). Center the pistol, then lay on either side and trace.

Thanks for the help. I have been reading a lot about everyone using a file folder for patterns. Never really thought of using something like that. If I am getting this right about patterns that would help with the fold over style holster. I am looking at the pancake style holster and how to pattern that.

As far as IWB eagle. I am a pretty good size guy and I wear really baggy clothing but I do want at least two holsters. One IWB and one OWB.

Thanks for everything

Absolutely! And silly me, I forgot something....Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. I sure like your idea of matching wallet and holster.

Welcome to the forum. Check with Tandy/Leather Factory. Years ago they sold a pancake holster pattern set. Numerous sizes and variations were in there. All adaptable for other pistols.