Todd

Belt and Knife Sheath (first one)

This is a belt and knife sheath that a hunting guide in my area asked me to make for one of his custom knives with a basket weave pattern (So tired of basket weave). He didn't want a handle guard up the back of the shaft because he needs to get to it quick so I fixed him up with this set-up. He was very pleased with the finished product and so was I considering I had never attempted a knife sheath before. He requested that I didn't put a rivet in the sheath at the point but I glued and stitched it well so it should hold up just fine.

088___Copy.JPG

083___Copy.JPG

post-6544-1213643942_thumb.jpg

post-6544-1213644063_thumb.jpg

Looks great! Very nicely done!

Wow Todd,

Very sweet combo!! It works really well with the knife.

Storm

Very nice combo! Basketweave stamping very staright... nice lines ...

Good Job! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Troy

He didn't want a handle guard up the back of the shaft because he needs to get to it quick so I fixed him up with this set-up.

Beautiful sheath. And it is a very utilitarian sheath. Many people can make a knife sheath pretty, but many don't often ask enough questions about how a knife is to be used to make a sheath that is best for the job. Your guide was right about the guard. When a keeper strap is on the knife should not be able to move in the sheath. Putting it up on the back of the sheath often allows the knife to be slid up. Imagine falling &ss over teakettle and having the knife go to the top of the sheath then sliding back down through the back of the sheath into your leg.

I personally am fond of the basket weave style. I like the sheath style and the way it fits on the belt. Nice combo.

Tom