Sign in to follow this  
rawhide1

Spirit of Christmas

Well I just wanted to share a experiance I had to day. This morning when I showed up to work at 7am my Lt. told me we had to get our antique firetruck (1926 Lafrance) down to the Wal-Mart. So we got it down there and the other station sent a front line pumper. The Salvation Army and a radio station out of Wichita was also there. They were going to be collecting toys all day for needy kids. Well anyway we left the 26 there with a retired Chief and came on back to the station. Well later on at about 20:00hrs (8:00pm) we get a call to come get the 26 and then to go help the salvation army unload the toys at there building. When we get there they have a box truck plum full of toys. I mean it took me and another firefighter over a hr to unload that truck. There were bicycles and every kind of toy ya could think of. The staff said they had collected over 3,000 toys. Needless to say that has been the highlight of my day so far and just impressed the heck out of me with how generous people can be. There will be alot of happy kids come Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I'm so long winded but I wanted to share that great experiance.Mike

thats what the season is about.... getting us closer to one another as human beings...

its nice to know in this day and age people can still give freely, my congrats to you and all those people who helped or donated something. Faith in god is one thing, faith in other humans something else, you have rekindled a little of what I lost over the year. Well done!

Pip

I have to agree with ya. Sometimes stuff I have to deal with really makes me question the human race but then I experiance something like that and it gives me hope for people again. Mike

USMC® does Toys-for Tots here and you would be amazed at the response, most folks here put a couple of things in the boxes (new unwrapped). It has been rough on the reservists with all the Iraq deployments but the ones left just seem to work harder, I think they get a lot of help from active also.

Can't say "Semper Fidelis" because I'm not a Marine,

so Semper Peratus.

Art

Pip

I have to agree with ya. Sometimes stuff I have to deal with really makes me question the human race but then I experience something like that and it gives me hope for people again. Mike