Sign in to follow this  
Old dude

Hole Punch Question

Does anyone know where I can purchase an oblong punch small enough to punch holes for the buckle? I have th rotary hole punch as well as single punches. I just like the look of the oblong hole.

Thanks

Heifirejack...the smallest oblong punch Tandy & Springfield carry is 1/2". I think this is too large for a belt buckle hole. I could always be wrong; God knows, I've been wrong before in my 66 years....at least twice that is. : )

Electrathon....thank you for responding; however, I am looking for an oblong punch. I have several round punches.

Heifirejack...the smallest oblong punch Tandy & Springfield carry is 1/2". I think this is too large for a belt buckle hole. I could always be wrong; God knows, I've been wrong before in my 66 years....at least twice that is. : )

The 1/2in will look good in my opinion...This is a collar i made that has oblong holes probably longer then 1/2in...just to give you an idea...hope it helps

training%20collar.jpg

Thanks Legion...... It does look good!

Electrathon....thank you for responding; however, I am looking for an oblong punch. I have several round punches.

The one I posted is oval, not round. It definatly is not as sloted as the one in the picture above but depending on the leather thickness will work far better than an round punch.

Tandy and Springfield carry a set of oval punches, they are used for belt holes. They range from extremely small to about 1/4". Oblong punches are larger. The tandy set is pictured here.

Chief

post-6362-0-90748100-1351295742_thumb.jp

Oblong punch.....not oval, or round. Thanks

http://springfieldle...32"25y,Havanna/

Springfield has them ..."Available in 1/8" increments from 1/4" up to 2".

Since SLC is a Tandy distributor, Tandy may also have them, but I haven't checked.

THANK YOU!