Sign in to follow this  
laney1566

Hello Everyone

Hope this works.

I've been wanting to share for a while now and finally decoded to do so. I have been woking mainly with what I call primitive leather for black powder related items. Just some things to keep my possibles and shooting bags full. 4 or 5 months ago while in a local leather factory, I decided to take a class in leathercrafting and have been happy since. I have made several holsters and decoritive bowls as well as class projects. I decided to share this bible cover with you. Yes I know the lacing is backwards. I might fix it or just leave it. Haven't decided yet. In any event.....I really enjoy my new found hobby.

BibleCover01.jpg

BibleCover02.jpg

BibleCover03.jpg

BibleCover05.jpg

Edited by laney1566

that looks awesome!!!

Thanks,

I should mention that I used light brown Gel Antique that the Leather factory sells. It sure beats having to paint all the backgrounding. I placed the praying hands and the back cover thinking that I wouldn't be able to do a very good job. Now I wish I had placed them on the front. This is my first attempt at floral and I hope to get better. A craftaid was used for all the patterns. I hope to get good enough one day to design my own. Problem is I am NO artist. But I seem to be able to use a swivel knife with growing confidence.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by laney1566

Nice work. Intricate but not too 'busy'. Post some more. I'd like to see the bowls. I've been wanting to do a plate or a bowl but need a little encouragement.

Jim

Welcome. Nice design/layout and nice work.

Regis