raysouth

Giving It Up And Selling Out

Time for me to wrap it up and call it quits. Take a look at the shop photos I had taken and placed on the site under pictures of your shop, or something like that.

I intend to sell as a single package and nearly everything you will see in the photos, cabinets included, will go. I am asking $10,000.00 for the total that include everything including good supply of leather, all tools, cabinets, embosser, press, skiver, and much more. Lots of supplies, buckles, stamps, punches, sets of different items. I am not physically able to inventory all of the items that will go and it will have to be picked up in Opelika, Alabama, zip 36804.

Please, I am aware of my investment in the items in the shop so I am locked in at the price I have quoted.

If you have a serious interest, please drop me a line at raysouth1@hotmail.com and we can go from there.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my offering. Bring a truck and take it all home.

God Bless.

Ray

Ray I'm so sorry to see this. Cheryl

Ray,

It makes me sad to read this post Ray. You are such a sweet guy and I would really hate to see you leave :( I understand paths in life take us in different directions, but I hope you stay on the forum to chat with us once in a while. I hope all is well on your end!

I will keep you in my thoughts as always!

Renee

Thank you Cheryl and Renee, for the kind words. Also, thanks Tom, for posting a link to some of the pics of shop items. There are many items not shown in the pics and cabinets contain a load of hand tools, mostly new, as well as supplies, books, and more. There are two of the upright double door cabinets and one large roll around, @ 6-8' long and a smaller one about 3-4 ' wide as well. A few personal items not related to leatherworking will be removed when able to obtain assistance.

I hope to be able to open some of the drawers and take pics of the contents but will see how it goes in next few days. This is a very good buy for someone and sad to have to give it up but time waits for -----------, as the saying goes.

Made some great friends here on the site and hope to be able to follow along, reading and viewing the projects of others.

Thank you all, for all of the kindness and assistance along the way.

God Bless.

Ray

Ray,

If you decide to piece it out, I would definitely make the trip down. I'm from Smiths Station, AL and could make a trip down to see the parents and look at what you have. Unfortunately, I don't have the $10K to buy the whole lot. Hopefully, you will sell it complete, but if something changes I'll keep eye on this thread.

Well, after no takers appeared, I suppose I will have to keep at it until the end. lol.

Still playing a bit in the shop and doing nothing important but at least it is very calming. Making a few smalls for unknown folks and using the supplies will take forever. Never knew that I had so much in the shop until I thought about giving it up. I dream a lot, about things that would be fun to make and may be able to do a project or two as the time flies by. Getting to the shop has been a problem and as soon as we see some good old southern temps, I will give it another shot.

Want to experiment with dye colors and attempt to develop a few colors that I have wanted to do for some time. Always able to make a mess with dye.

Thinking about a powered burnisher such as the one offered by Cobra Steve but still wondering if anyone has experience with this machine. I think it will solve some of my hand problems and allow me to place a nice edge on some small items.

Just some idle chatter but still at it for now. Love this site and truly enjoy the folks that keep it going with all of the submissions of interest to us all.

As always, drop in and sit a spell if ever in the area.

God Bless.

Ray

Ray, so sorry to hear that you are having so many difficulties and that you are having to sell out. It always saddens me to see someone have to give up something they love so much. I hope that you are able to continue to do some projects and stay in leather in some way. But like you said time is always moving. You are in my prayers and please stay on the forum as much as possible we need your advice and experience on here. God Bless and keep coming back.

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for the response and kind words.

I hope to stick around, albeit somewhat less active than I was in the past. Just enjoy doing things and don't seem to know when to stop. Perhaps a good thing that nobody was interested in purchasing all of the items in the shop. Tells me that I must try to get down to the shop and fool around more.

Saddest part for me is not being able to find buyers for so many of the things I have gathered over the years. Money is probably tight for folks these days and certainly understand that life has become more difficult for many.

At least I am able to meet fine folks here on the site and gab a bit now and then. Always a pleasure.

Had hoped to meet some local leather folks in my area that would enjoy getting together, if for nothing more than a cup of coffee and pleasant conversation but, does not seem that this area has many folks interested in such activity. I have always thought I would enjoy sitting around the old pot bellied stove in the company of other folksy type characters but that has become a thing of the past, as with so many other of our great moments, of being able to share our experiences of travels through life. I still dream about it and brings chuckles and smiles.

I, like you Pablo, love to tinker with things, especially something that is old and needs some TLC. Have a building full of things like that, that I have found and played with. Time goes by and I became so engrossed that I forgot some of my necessary chores, at times. lol.

Fun to find something that I know nothing about or what it may be and then figure it out and, enjoy the rewards of having done it.

Life is grand for those of us that choose to make it so.

Thank you again and may your days be filled with happiness and many great projects. Drop a line anytime.

God Bless.

Ray

Glad that you are going to try and do some more things Ray. Sure like the coffee pot and stove idea, people these days are just in too big a hurry to get where they are going,so they can go somewhere else. The time we spend with each other is the most important time we have. I have necessary things that get overlooked while "figuring something out" or fixing something I found. For me "Multitasking" is Not finishing many things!! LOL It has been so good to talk to you and I hope we can stay in touch, and like I said we need your experience and advice on here. Have a great day and keep the sharp side down. Please feel free to PM me anytime I would enjoy that.

Paul

Ray, if I lived closer I'd be there to have coffee with you! My prayers are with you.

Renee, you would certainly be welcome here. As you have probably read, I am going to attempt to hang in there a bit longer. Making a few smalls and decided to work towards getting a powered burnisher from Steve of Cobra4 fame. Should make things much easier for me. Love tools and never seem to get enough. I was very happy to learn that stand is adjustable and can be lowered to a height, allowing me to use while seated. Just what I needed. Will let folks know how it works out when I practice a bit.

God Bless.

Ray