DavidL

Manual Clicker In Usa Or Canada(Better)

I live in Canada and I'm looking for a manual clicker 5 ton or higher thats near 1 grand and doesn't cost too much for shipping. Ontario, Canada region. I'd prefer a manual clicker that can be set up with a metal wrench.

I've been looking at getting a manual clicker as well....came across a thread yesterday with people discussing a very simple modification of an arbor press that makes it essentially a manual clicker. If you do a quick search on "Arbor Press" you will find this thread. There is also a link to a PDF with instructions and pictures of how you can do it.

Will probably cost you a fraction of what a clicker costs.

Thank you for the reply. I've decided to get a mallet hammer and manually hit the top of the die.

Elifita.com is where you can find it.

I passed on the arbor press because 1 ton pressure is too light for dies. A shop press will work better.

It depends on what you want the manual clicker for. if you want to click small parts for for resale or manufacturing, the Lucris manual clicker is by far the fastest for this purpose that I have seen. I have several small parts that i sell as a vendor and I can make 200 to 250 parts a hour easy with a single and with a triple die for one part, I can make 600 parts a hour. Think about three small parts in a single die. As far as I am concerned that is where a good manual clicker shines. I would not have a clicker that would not use the whole pad and I would not have any clicker for small parts that was not a swing arm. -- Tex

I'm picking up one of the 6 and/or 12 ton arbor presses for my uses. The 12 ton is much larger and isnt good for people who want something benchtop.

The 6 ton from harbor freight looks to be benchtop size....and 6 tons should be enough for dies.

I tried Elfita.com and the web address doesnt exist. Trying to see what you've decided on doing.

Thank you for the reply. I've decided to get a mallet hammer and manually hit the top of the die.

Elifita.com is where you can find it.

I passed on the arbor press because 1 ton pressure is too light for dies. A shop press will work better.

Seems like a bit of confusion here. Arbor presses are a lever with gear to a toothed ram.. Usually in the 1 to 3 ton size. Shop presses are typically hydraulic presses, often in 10 or 20 ton size for the small shop. Most are actuated by the operator pumping a hydraulic jack. Also available with a electric pump, or with an air over oil converter.

Tom

email me at leather@durango.net and I will send pics of a shop press turned into a clicker press.

There are actually 2 on ebay right now. Just search clicker press.