Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

disposal of machine needles

Does anyone have a good, safe way to dispose of used machine needles?

Thanks,

Ed

Same as medical needles... use a plastic 16 oz water bottle... put the needles in and when full, dispose in your normal waste...

Thanks. I've got some 12 oz containers around somewhere.

Ed

Thanks, esantoro, for an old laugh. Reading your question reminded me of an old farm house we lived in when I was a child all too many years ago.

An earlier owner had installed a new medicine cabinet in the bath room, and in the center of the cabinet was a little slot about an 1/8 of an inch wide and maybe 1 1/2 inches long. There was a corresponding hole in the plaster behind the cabinet.

It was made to allow the discarding of razor blades, . . . then and there, . . . no muss, no fuss. I always wondered how many were in that wall. The house was torn down 6 or 8 years ago, so I guess I'll never know, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks, esantoro, for an old laugh. Reading your question reminded me of an old farm house we lived in when I was a child all too many years ago.

An earlier owner had installed a new medicine cabinet in the bath room, and in the center of the cabinet was a little slot about an 1/8 of an inch wide and maybe 1 1/2 inches long. There was a corresponding hole in the plaster behind the cabinet.

It was made to allow the discarding of razor blades, . . . then and there, . . . no muss, no fuss. I always wondered how many were in that wall. The house was torn down 6 or 8 years ago, so I guess I'll never know, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

My son bought my mother-in-law's house about a month ago & came across the same thing when he replaced the bathroom medicine cabinet. He was absolutely astounded and confused as to why there were razor blades in the wall.

We had a good laugh telling him about 'the good old days'... :gathering:

russ

Yes! Send them to me. I regrind them, add handles, and make precision scribers and awls from them!! Mail me at goboom@bellsouth.net . Bill