ShortBBL

Sewing With A Machine ~ Sit Or Stand?

Sit or Stand?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to sew on your machine sitting or standing?

I am hoping that my new Cobra Class 4 will arrive in the next two weeks. I will be sewing mostly holsters, belts and knife sheaths. I'm curious how people like to sew on their machines, standing or sitting?

Please vote (if you sew with a machine) and also leave a comment of what type of things you make and how you prefer to set up to sew.

Thanks!!

My machine is Juki Pro 2000 and i sew everything on holsters, belts, chaps, saddles, saddle bags just about every thing i make and i sew setting down. In the past i stood to sew because that was the only you could sew on the machine i had. Setting is better !! Espically if your sewing all day long.

My harness stitcher is a Union Lockstitch Machine and I stand to operate it. The floor pedals are near the left edge of the pedalbar and it is too awkward to sit on a high stool with my legs at an angle to the right, while facing the needle-awl area of the machine.

When I sewed with a Campbell Bosworth I stood, when I got an Adler 205-370(?), I thought I would stand also, but it isn't tall enough. After 10 years sitting, I don't think I could stand on one leg for that many hours anymore.

Kevin

I have a Tippmann Aerostitch (cylinder bed) that I have modified to be a standing machine. I use it to sew heavier satchels. I also have a Consew (flat bed) that I use for medium to lighter work that is sit down only. I couldn't sew standing if it was for 8 hours.

. I stand most of the day. My main workbench is high. I stand there to cut and assemble. I stand at my Artisan 3000, and the Adler patcher, and I sit at the Singer 31-15 (not used very often). Hope to get my cobra 17 soon, that will be a sit downer, I'll look forward to that for breaks during the day.