Sign in to follow this  
mliebs8

Starting to work with exoctics

I'm just starting to work with exotics and finished up a holster yesterday for a guy on another forum. The holster is left handed which doesn't sound like much but it seems like it's harder to make than the right handed versions. Anyway here's a look at the holster, it's for a Glock 23. The straps and front trim are finished in Shark and once again my picture taking leaves alot to be desired.

DSCN2478.jpg

Edited by mliebs8

That looks really nice!!!

I'm starting to use some sharkskin myself. I've only made a couple holsters with kydex clips and sharkskin trim on the leather so far. I don't see stitch lines on your loops, are they just glued?

Mike,

Ya got a good looking holster there. I've been following your progress on "the other forum."

Your doing very well with your holsters. I have no problem building left handed holsters. It's the right handed holsters that sometimes make my brain hurt :)

Randy

Actually the loops aren't stitched. I've done a few pairs for myself and a couple of friends and after 6+ months of wearing it everyday they seem to be holding up quite well. This is a holster that I gave away since I'm just starting to make them left handed. Randy thanks for the feedback, as strange as it sounds the left handed holsters really give me a problem. I know your left handed, maybe we can make a deal, I'll make all the right handed holsters and you make all the left handed. :whatdoyouthink: I'm going to experiment with a few other shark trimmed holsters that people have been asking about, some of the requests are getting kind of complicated. After this next run of holsters I'm doing for the other forum I think I'm going to slow down and really try to focus on some real custom pieces. I'd really like to only do 3-4 a month but really try and make them something special.