JohnBloch

Help! Finishing Problems!

I'm making a tobacco pouch for my brother, an I'm not sure why, but I used gum trag on the portion that is going to hold the tobaccos BEFORE I dyed (I knew I wasn't going to dye the inside portion of the bag)

But the problem is, it leaked through some of my pre drilled holes and got on the front side of the piece. I didn't notice until I dyed it, and now it looks splotchy in those spots. Will deglazer remove gum trag? I was planning on doing a sunburst fade, and while the blank spot doesn't look too bad at the moment, it will once I come in with the mahogany color.

Any help is appreciated!

post-36411-0-74675600-1353515802_thumb.j

I think that any solvent strong enough to remove the gum-trag will also be strong enough to disturb the consistency of the color.

I haven't tried to remove gum-trag before, but I would imagine that it's sort like a glue and soaks into the leather, bonding with the fibers.

Yeah, I didn't rub it in or anything, but I see what you mean. I'll jut try to shoot it with the fade and see what happens.

It's oil dye, and not a spirit dye if that makes any difference.