Thistledown

Tandy "half Pint" Mini Western Saddle

Hi Folks, when I was more into leatherworking a few years ago, I started working on one of the Tandy Leather Mini Western Saddle kits. Most of the work was done, then for one reason or another, the project got put into the 'for later bin". Now that I've decided to pull my finger out and get back into leatherworking, I've found this kit again. Unfortunately I've lost all my instructions :(

I know I can buy the whole thing again from Tandy, but thats the last resort. I've got pretty well everything finished, except for the cantle - is there any one out there who might be able to help me out with the instructions regarding this part of the project/kit ?

I'll check what I have. My Mom made one, and she kept all of her patterns / instructions. Not sure how to go about getting it translated to Aussie though :P

Hi Folks, when I was more into leatherworking a few years ago, I started working on one of the Tandy Leather Mini Western Saddle kits. Most of the work was done, then for one reason or another, the project got put into the 'for later bin". Now that I've decided to pull my finger out and get back into leatherworking, I've found this kit again. Unfortunately I've lost all my instructions :(

I know I can buy the whole thing again from Tandy, but thats the last resort. I've got pretty well everything finished, except for the cantle - is there any one out there who might be able to help me out with the instructions regarding this part of the project/kit ?

Check your PM's - sent off a PDF file for you a couple hours ago.

Thanks very much - that was just what I was looking for :) Now I can get back to finishing the saddle :)

Check your PM's - sent off a PDF file for you a couple hours ago.

Us Aussie's speak da Queen's English :) G'Day Mate ! Howyagoin ?? :)

I'll check what I have. My Mom made one, and she kept all of her patterns / instructions. Not sure how to go about getting it translated to Aussie though :P

All I can tell ya is that some of the smiths in OZ post pretty strange on the blacksmithing forum. Seems a lot of work down there gets paid for with tinnies :cheers:

My folks had some friends in Perth. Would love to get down there some day.

All I can tell ya is that some of the smiths in OZ post pretty strange on the blacksmithing forum. Seems a lot of work down there gets paid for with tinnies :cheers:

My folks had some friends in Perth. Would love to get down there some day.

Yeah - often a lot of work is paid for in liquid currency :brainbleach:

:evillaugh:

would it be possible to get the pattern aswell???

cheers,

GUnter

Hi

Any of you guys still have the assembley instructions available that are willing to share them. Like the earlier posts I have the kit but have managed to lose the assembly instructions - duh!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

I see this thread is a few years old,

I started working with leather about a year ago. on one of my orders to Tandy they had this saddle kit on sale so I bought it and when I opened the kit and viewed the instructions I realized that my skills were not good enough to complete it so I put it away for another time. I watched a few videos, read some books, practiced a lot on mostly nothing, made a lot of scraps and finally one day I realized I had developed enough skills to maybe be able to complete the saddle kit, so I got it out and finally, with much difficulty and determination I completed the saddle kit. Here is a picture of the finished saddle.

CF7DB955-6229-4DEF-81F2-CBB4DF8C4C0E.jpeg

44 minutes ago, tstan47 said:

I see this thread is a few years old,

I started working with leather about a year ago. on one of my orders to Tandy they had this saddle kit on sale so I bought it and when I opened the kit and viewed the instructions I realized that my skills were not good enough to complete it so I put it away for another time. I watched a few videos, read some books, practiced a lot on mostly nothing, made a lot of scraps and finally one day I realized I had developed enough skills to maybe be able to complete the saddle kit, so I got it out and finally, with much difficulty and determination I completed the saddle kit. Here is a picture of the finished saddle.

CF7DB955-6229-4DEF-81F2-CBB4DF8C4C0E.jpeg

That looks cool. How big is it?

I too would love to have this pattern and assembly instructions

Hi, I know this is an old thread but any chance I could also get the pattern? My mom wants one of these for her birthday in a couple months.

Thank you!

Aspen. 

akj_rezziemia@hotmail.com

8 hours ago, RezzieMia said:

Hi, I know this is an old thread but any chance I could also get the pattern? My mom wants one of these for her birthday in a couple months.

Thank you!

Aspen. 

akj_rezziemia@hotmail.com

I am not sure if this will help, but if all else fails, you can buy a mini saddle kit here https://www.riorondo.com/ I have no affiliation to this site and know nothing about the products sold on it.

6 hours ago, K5HEP said:

I am not sure if this will help, but if all else fails, you can buy a mini saddle kit here https://www.riorondo.com/ I have no affiliation to this site and know nothing about the products sold on it.

Thank you. I’ve have already looked there and fear that the design is slightly too small for what I am looking for. I may get it and see if I can scale it up.

thank you.

Ive been searching forever for this pattern! Can you help?

seems i need the instructions/pattern....found mine but half is missing. Any help?

Edited by Northmount
removed email address

4 hours ago, dragonhawke said:

seems i need the instructions/pattern....found mine but half is missing. Any help?

PM sent

Tom

Edited by Northmount
removed email address

I made one of these for my wife years ago, now she wants another one, IF anyone has the pattern/directions they would care to share, I'd appreciate it. 

TIA

Bob

On 6/11/2020 at 2:40 PM, gilloglyclan said:

Hi Sturme,

I am looking for this pattern as well.

Appreciate any help

Thanks,

Gill

pm me your email address please

8 hours ago, rwmcki1 said:

I made one of these for my wife years ago, now she wants another one, IF anyone has the pattern/directions they would care to share, I'd appreciate it. 

TIA

Bob

pm me your email address please