Trox

Breathtaking Prices On Pfaff Parts And Accessories.

I just purchased a second hand Pfaff 345- H3-6C-LN

I want to set up this machine for leather binding, and the best will be a synchronized leather binder.

So far I spend 271 $ for the machine. (It was a bargain)

250 $ for a Cobra servomotor and a speed reducer.

Some hours work, (cleaning, building and adjusting)

Then, I asked my local Norwegian Pfaff dealer for the prices on Original Pfaff attachments and gotten totally blown away

Here are the prices they quoted me:

Binder for leather = 288, 71 $

Feed dog = 365, 65 $

Needle plate = 850 $

Attachment for fixing the binder

(With rollers and guide for tape) = 404, 2 $

Total will be = 1638, 56 USD

And I still need the binding foot set; I did not want to ask for the price, it was already way over my budget.

My friend the Leather Guru told me to do the work by hand, but the must be an alternative to the original parts.

This is a very common type of cylinder bed machine; I have seen many Chinese machines with the same arm. There must be a more reasonable priced option out there.

Maybe some of our machine dealers have something for sale.

The price for the Pfaff parts together with what I already spend will be 2160 $, for that price, I can buy a new Chinese binding cylinder bed machine.

Anybody who has any experience with leather binding on a

Cylinder bed machine or binding work in general.

In advance Thanks

Trox

post-10237-092193600 1327495633_thumb.jp

post-10237-040531100 1327495792_thumb.jp

post-10237-044281000 1327496462_thumb.jp

Trox,

Those prices don't shock me at all with Pfaff,I called them today & asked what this machine was made for & they

said for purses,shoes,pocketbooks & upholstery.The L is for leather & N is the 4.5mm stitch length.

But not real heavy leather,maybe they have the feed dogs that way so they don't mark the bottom side.

Bob

Thanks for your answer Bob,

(345-H3-C6-LN )

You are right about almost all, but “N” stands for stitch length 6 mm not 4,5 mm. When the machine has only 4,5 mm stitch length it is marked with “4,5”.

“C” stands for type C (not described any further)

“L” for leather

“6” stands for type of needle size a style of point.

(What kind of needle, the part list does not tell).

I found the partlist and the subclass part list on the web, but I still need the service manual.

The machine comes from a closed down portfolio factory, they was making leather bags and such.

I have gone over the machine, it is very good. No need for any new parts so far. The hook looks like new and every things seems tight.

This is a medium duty machine, I have three big Adler’s for the heavy jobs. (A 5-27,a 204-64 and a 105-25) I am planning to trade them in and buy a Juki 441 or Adler 205-370 ( or a clone). The old machines do the job, but the triple feed is the best system.

It is hard to get a clone like your Cowboy here in Norway, they only sell the Juki and Adler’s.

I have been looking for a used medium size triple feed cylinder bed

For a long time, I was lucky to find this. However, I cannot afford to break anything on it because of these spare parts prices.

However, I believe there are aftermarket parts out there for this brand to? I know it is hooks and feet’s for sale, other parts I do not know of. Do you have anything for this machine?

Trox

Trox,

Those prices don't shock me at all with Pfaff,I called them today & asked what this machine was made for & they

said for purses,shoes,pocketbooks & upholstery.The L is for leather & N is the 4.5mm stitch length.

But not real heavy leather,maybe they have the feed dogs that way so they don't mark the bottom side.

Bob

Dear Trox,

which feed dog you have ask?

the binder is very expensive normaly it cost maybe 90 € !!!

can you told me which diameter the binder have?

maybe i can help you!

can you told me the part numbers?

regards

sewingtec

Thanks for your answer Bob,

(345-H3-C6-LN )

You are right about almost all, but “N” stands for stitch length 6 mm not 4,5 mm. When the machine has only 4,5 mm stitch length it is marked with “4,5”.

“C” stands for type C (not described any further)

“L” for leather

“6” stands for type of needle size a style of point.

(What kind of needle, the part list does not tell).

I found the partlist and the subclass part list on the web, but I still need the service manual.

The machine comes from a closed down portfolio factory, they was making leather bags and such.

I have gone over the machine, it is very good. No need for any new parts so far. The hook looks like new and every things seems tight.

This is a medium duty machine, I have three big Adler’s for the heavy jobs. (A 5-27,a 204-64 and a 105-25) I am planning to trade them in and buy a Juki 441 or Adler 205-370 ( or a clone). The old machines do the job, but the triple feed is the best system.

It is hard to get a clone like your Cowboy here in Norway, they only sell the Juki and Adler’s.

I have been looking for a used medium size triple feed cylinder bed

For a long time, I was lucky to find this. However, I cannot afford to break anything on it because of these spare parts prices.

However, I believe there are aftermarket parts out there for this brand to? I know it is hooks and feet’s for sale, other parts I do not know of. Do you have anything for this machine?

Trox

All we have are the feet & hook,needlbar,press bar.We had one a few years ago that we bought a feed dog & plate for $350.00 for them.

Bob

Hi Sewingtec,

Thanks a lot. The parts I need are for a synchronized binder, the feed dog and needle plate for the subclass H3-17/01. Dog: # 91-045 539-4 and the plate # 91-040 701|-4. A binder foot set, a binder swing bracket and a binder for leather. I have received some tips about a company in Hong Kong and some thing on EBay that I am currently checking out. I attach the Pfaff 345 subclass partlist

(Are you Thomas from sew24.blogspot.com and Dürkopp Adler?)

Thanks

Trox

Dear Trox,

which feed dog you have ask?

the binder is very expensive normaly it cost maybe 90 € !!!

can you told me which diameter the binder have?

maybe i can help you!

can you told me the part numbers?

regards

sewingtec

kgi582aa.pdf

Hi Trox,

no i'm not thomas. I'm a colleague.

but from Dürlopp Adler!

you can look for binders on www.sew24.com there are many binders (like 91-040 533-23) with pictures!

which binderinstrument and which feed you have choos?

regards

sewingtec

Hi Sewingtec,

Thanks, I need a binder for leather. I cannot find any feed dog or needle plate for my 345-H3 in your site. I have not chosen any yet; I am trying to find the support bracket, needle plate and feed dog. All the parts I need for a synchronized binding, if I cannot find those part I will make a needle plate and a feed dog from standard ones. The only part that is easy to find is the binder it self.

Thanks,

Trox

Hi Trox,

no i'm not thomas. I'm a colleague.

but from Dürlopp Adler!

you can look for binders on www.sew24.com there are many binders (like 91-040 533-23) with pictures!

which binderinstrument and which feed you have choos?

regards

sewingtec

Hi Trox,

for choseing a binder you must sure which material you sewing and which diameters you need.

you can use the standard but you need a special walking (like 91-049 269-93/006) and presser foot (like 91-040 432-04/005)

but you must know what you will sewing and which materials befor you chose a foot or something else.

the binderinstrument can be 91-045 543-90 but you don't find this in the shop this is to special.

the binderinstrument from pfaff will cost 210 €

if you have any questions you can ask me!

best regards

sewingtec

Hi Trox ! I think i Still have all that stuff from my old 345 . I'll have a look today and let you know .

Ralph

Hi again Trox , I got a feed dog and the swing away guide to mount the binder . & of course you can have them if U want Send me the part numbers from the other stuff & I'll ask Callot for clone prices I also got a binder and it's for leather . It's included in the price 000,00€

Let me know .

Ralph

Hi Ralph and Sewingtec, My Internet line has been down because of an ISP change. It is hard to follow up these topics on an Iphone, but broadband line is up again now.

Thank you my good friend Ralph, but you must accept some payment for it. I do not have any experience with the binding operation, but I can see the necessity of a synchronized operation cause of the walking foot. Is it possible to connect your swing away bracket to the feed dog? If so the only thing I need more is the needle plate for the subclass -H3 17/01, # 91-040 701-04. This is a plate with a cut out for the synchronized binder bracket. If I can not find one, I can do as you did and modify a standard plate. The binder foot set has the number # 91-042 819-93 x 5, 0 and # 91-040 432-04 x 8. Or I can use a clone product. Thank you again Ralph, think of a price, if you have Paypal it is easy to send you money.

I have also received a PM from Coryleif, he informed me about a Hong Kong company; kwokhing.com. These are the prices of the binders he purchased from them:

KHF2 (S thickness) 26mm USD 12.30

KHF8 Single Fold 1" USD 8.40

KHF66 1" USD 12.30. I have not had time to contact them yet.

Thanks

Trox

Hi again Trox , I got a feed dog and the swing away guide to mount the binder . & of course you can have them if U want Send me the part numbers from the other stuff & I'll ask Callot for clone prices I also got a binder and it's for leather . It's included in the price 000,00€

Let me know .

Ralph

Hi Sewingtec,

Thanks, but it looks like I will get some help from my friend Ralph (Leather Guru). I also have some options to buy from a low price Hong Kong company kwokhing.com, If I can get in contact with them. But thanks for your help, you are doing a great job on sew24.com providing manuals and obsolute parts.

Thanks

Trox

Hi Trox,

for choseing a binder you must sure which material you sewing and which diameters you need.

you can use the standard but you need a special walking (like 91-049 269-93/006) and presser foot (like 91-040 432-04/005)

but you must know what you will sewing and which materials befor you chose a foot or something else.

the binderinstrument can be 91-045 543-90 but you don't find this in the shop this is to special.

the binderinstrument from pfaff will cost 210 €

if you have any questions you can ask me!

best regards

sewingtec

Hi Ralph and Sewingtec, My Internet line has been down because of an ISP change. It is hard to follow up these topics on an Iphone, but broadband line is up again now.

Thank you my good friend Ralph, but you must accept some payment for it. I do not have any experience with the binding operation, but I can see the necessity of a synchronized operation cause of the walking foot. Is it possible to connect your swing away bracket to the feed dog? If so the only thing I need more is the needle plate for the subclass -H3 17/01, # 91-040 701-04. This is a plate with a cut out for the synchronized binder bracket. If I can not find one, I can do as you did and modify a standard plate. The binder foot set has the number # 91-042 819-93 x 5, 0 and # 91-040 432-04 x 8. Or I can use a clone product. Thank you again Ralph, think of a price, if you have Paypal it is easy to send you money.

I have also received a PM from Coryleif, he informed me about a Hong Kong company; kwokhing.com. These are the prices of the binders he purchased from them:

KHF2 (S thickness) 26mm USD 12.30

KHF8 Single Fold 1" USD 8.40

KHF66 1" USD 12.30. I have not had time to contact them yet.

Thanks

Trox

Hi Bro , Of course the feed dog and the guide are hooked up with a pin on the guide that fits into a hole on the hungry dog !

& those pieces have been kikin around with me for the last 30 yrs just waiting to find a good home and , alas , there U are ! I would say it's a miracle .

Aren't the feet just simple left handed feet ? Maybe the back foot has no foot on the side & i got dome of those too which I also don't use anymore . They are included in the price .

Send some pics of the feet . I'm sure I got some .

LEATHER GURU

You are the miracle Ralph, Thanks again. But don’t you still have a Pfaff 335 that can use those feet? I do not have any picture of those feet’s, but it is drawings of them in the subclass part list attached. If you look at the sub class -H3 17/01 and the above part numbers. It looks like a standard left foot with a short and wide vibrating presser (front) foot. I guess that is easier to see when the binder is in place and modify them then. (However, the Pfaff feet’s are very hard tempered, I had to grind a bit on mine, and it was very hard)

Thanks

Trox

kgi582aa.pdf

Here is a picture of a Consew 227 with a sync. raw edge binder that Coryleif sent me. I has a cut of presser foot and a short front foot.

Trox

post-10237-060805700 1328551262_thumb.jp

You are the miracle Ralph, Thanks again. But don't you still have a Pfaff 335 that can use those feet? I do not have any picture of those feet's, but it is drawings of them in the subclass part list attached. If you look at the sub class -H3 17/01 and the above part numbers. It looks like a standard left foot with a short and wide vibrating presser (front) foot. I guess that is easier to see when the binder is in place and modify them then. (However, the Pfaff feet's are very hard tempered, I had to grind a bit on mine, and it was very hard)

Thanks

Trox

Hi Trox , I got X 2 335s & I dont use them too much anymore . If U wan't U can come here and I'll give U one ! She's got an EFKA with needle positining system !

Don't worry about me ! I'm glad to help .

RALPH

Thank you Ralph,

If you do not want any money, I sure own you a big favor. Maybe you will need anything I can help you with, or somthing from scandinavia. Do not hesitate to ask me. You are the best. Not only a great craftman, but a great human being too.

Please send me an email with your account number or Paypal details so I can pay you for the shipping at least.

Thanks

Trox

Hi Trox,

okay, if you have any quetsion or you need help you can contact me!

Thanks!

best regards

sewingtec

Hi Sewingtec,

Thanks, but it looks like I will get some help from my friend Ralph (Leather Guru). I also have some options to buy from a low price Hong Kong company kwokhing.com, If I can get in contact with them. But thanks for your help, you are doing a great job on sew24.com providing manuals and obsolute parts.

Thanks

Trox

Hi Sewingtec,

Thanks, I was lucky to get help from a friend. I think this solves my problem this time.

Thanks.

Trox

Hi Trox,

okay, if you have any quetsion or you need help you can contact me!

Thanks!

best regards

sewingtec

Hey Trox , I left you a personal message asking for your address so's I can send you that stuff .

Ralph