fatbob

little gold letters

does anyone know how people put names on stuff with those little gold letters? I make wallets and would like to put customer name on inside. Just to add some class to the thing. If you can help me figure this out I surely appreciate it. thanks in advance.

google kwikprint.

does anyone know how people put names on stuff with those little gold letters? I make wallets and would like to put customer name on inside. Just to add some class to the thing. If you can help me figure this out I surely appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Hobby shops that deal in model trains have "rub-on" letters in a number of diff sizes and colors - BUT they would not be anywhere near as permanent as the hot-stamped letters you would see on a Bible. In a billfold, they would have to be flexible, and might not work too good. I have used them on several visors, where they were not subject to a lot of flexing, and then coated them with clear nail polish. "so far", this has worked out OK ....

Almost any large Christian book store will have the machine. It is a hot stamping machine where the letters are picked one at a time to make the name or phrase.

A metal foil is placed below it, . . . the letters are heated up, . . . then forced down on to the object, . . . transferring the metal from the foil to the intended object.

You might look on Ebay, . . . look for a hot stamping machine, . . . or maybe call or visit the local Christian book store, . . . get the machine Mfg. name, . . . try that on Ebay. I woudl be surprized if no one had one for sale there.

It takes a little time and practice to learn how to do it, . . . but once done, . . . it is permanent (more or less). My Bible and ministry manual both have my name on them, been there for almost 30 years each.

May God bless,

Dwight