sarene09

Singer 211G166

I have a singer 211g166 and the presser foot will not drop. The walking foot will work just fine but the presser foot is stuck lifted up. It won't drop down to hold the material in place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oil the moving cranks attached to the presser bars. If there is a spring on top of the inside presser bar, tighten it down. Tighten the outer foot spring also. Check that the manual lift lever is not binding when you expect it to let go of the raised feet. Check the knee lever to see if it has over traveled and is forcing the feet to stay up.

The manual lift lever moves freely. Same with the knee lever. I did oil it but I will go oil it again. I will also check the springs. Thank you for the help.

Oil the moving cranks attached to the presser bars. If there is a spring on top of the inside presser bar, tighten it down. Tighten the outer foot spring also. Check that the manual lift lever is not binding when you expect it to let go of the raised feet. Check the knee lever to see if it has over traveled and is forcing the feet to stay up.