Made this for my wife a couple of weeks back - Not sure of the weight of the leather, but it's around 3mm bridle, dyed from a natural colour (Bit patchy, but not tooooo bad)

She's happy with it - Simple, no fuss design, quite 'boxy'.

post-38532-0-83475000-1364944743_thumb.jpost-38532-0-10233600-1364944754_thumb.jpost-38532-0-04054100-1364944763_thumb.j

Hi, Simple "boxy" but very "Nice"

I like it, Looks like something one would wear to hold a field journal or number of small books. a very nice accessory for costuming that seems quite practical. one question, forgive me if it seems silly, i'm still fairly new to leather craft, the rivets shown on the back, were those meant to support the bag while you stitched it up? or for use in some compartments inside?

I like it, Looks like something one would wear to hold a field journal or number of small books. a very nice accessory for costuming that seems quite practical. one question, forgive me if it seems silly, i'm still fairly new to leather craft, the rivets shown on the back, were those meant to support the bag while you stitched it up? or for use in some compartments inside?

Hi, the design used a 'T' shape of leather. The sides continue round the back for a couple of inches. The rivets at the top were just to hold the top corners of the overlap so they don't start flapping about due to wear. For the next one, i'll do a bit of extra stitching instead.

No internal compartments either (another 'to do' for next time).

The bag can fit a laptop and other paperwork in it no problem. She's been taking it to work, packed full of all her stuff and seems to be holding up, so fingers crossed!

I like the look of this, I'm working on a large breifcase (to hold a 15" laptop) this is kind of the look I'm going for but with 2 large compartments.

I like the look of this, I'm working on a large breifcase (to hold a 15" laptop) this is kind of the look I'm going for but with 2 large compartments.

Hi, thanks for the comment - That's exactly the size of laptop this bag will fit (Diagonal screen size). Next bag will be slightly deeper (this one is 3 inches) and will probably have a divider and possibly a phone compartment.