leatheroo

Turks head..making pairs

Ok, so i have spent the WHOLE weekend practicing turks heads...the light bulb has gone on and i understand the process...i can do it on my fingers, can do it on a mandrel..can do it on a project....can do it without looking at the book!!! i seem to have had a real mental block with these knots!!!

So now i come to the part of enlarging a knot..the book says..

"Turks heads are enlarged by first making pairs.To do htis the working strand is run parallel with the first strand as shown (can understand the diagram) In one direction it goes on one side of the standing end then when it gets to the outer edge it crosses over it and goes on the other side of the standing end."

So i do this all the way around the knot, and as i understand, i then split the pairs i have made...except my pairs dont look like the diagram in my book(ron edwards)..the diagram below shows how it should look (left)..and what i get is on the right..I have drawn the lacing as a double line so you can see the unders and overs.

splitting pairs.JPG

can someone tell me where i am going wrong...many thanks...

post-4514-125100994003_thumb.jpg

leatherroo

can you show a picture of your knot. I never could and still cant make out diagrams. But maybe if I see the actual knot I could help.

Mike

thanks,i think i have worked it out

Noooooooo, you can't do that to me, Roo - what did you work out? Where are the pictures? I need to know <grin!>.

Ray

Edited by UKRay

Go to khww.net and you'll see all you need, CH