brycew74

Shipping Reins

hey all i'm going to be finishing some rawhide reins that have to go to new mexico, how do you guys ship yours so they stay straight, poster tube, long box? any help would be appreciated

Hey bricew74. I don't know how everyone else would do it, but I made a pvc tube for storing my daughters goat tying ropes. Get the smallest diameter that they will fit in and a glue cap for one end and a male adapter and a threaded cap for the other. The whole thing cost less to make than any cardboard tube I could find and its pretty much indestructible.. Of course I already had the glue though. I have seen pvc tubes on the ups truck with labels on them my ups guy said he thought it was fishing poles inside. Anyway if your not worried about the extra cost for being over 36" you might try that.

Personally I coil mine in a USPS medium flat rate box with padding. 10 bucks to anywhere in the US & the reins will straighten back out when they get there. Buck

I ship in a 2" thin wall PVC with a screw in cap. U can ship USPS up to 60". I also pad them with one wrap bubble wrap. Fairly cheap to make and I haven't had anything show up damaged.