shan

Laced Zipper In Shotgun Chaps

Hi I'm new to leather working and im wanting to make a pair of shotgun chaps to show in but I want to put in the laced zipper, I'm not sure how to do a pattern for that can someone help me out with pattern and how the lace is attached and held secure. Sorry for ignorance I train horses, leather craft is new to me but I'm loving it. Thanks Shannan

Shannan

Go to klendasaddlery.com. Bob has patterns on there for sale . I think they are only $15. You should be able to find what you need.

Good luck,

CW

shan

I have a pattern that I sell that I lace in the zipper as well you can see them at www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com

Mark

shan

I have a pattern that I sell that I lace in the zipper as well you can see them at www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com

Mark

I just found your site the other day and I ordered your dvd, my order is for Shannan Wolf is that what I need or a different pattern?

Shannan

Yes the shot gun chap pattern have the lace in zippers. I did get your order and will send them out the first of next week. We just shipped our cows to summer pasture today so hope to get more shop work done now. We also just got our computer back to working as well.

thanks for the order.

Mark

Gday folks

I have a young mates 21st coming up soon and i know he wants some chinks , !!! i have never done chinks or chaps but i am now wanting to fix some up for him , so i would like to ask all you good folk out there for some info ,, first !!! What is the best leather to make my mates chinks out of.?? He thinks elk is the GO I am from oz ,,, we dont have them here .

So i would like to ask some of you in the know what sort of leather should i use, and if someones has patterns i am more than happy to buy them at the right price

Cheers

Bevan

ps would roo be ok for chaps /chinks????

Edited by Bevan

Gday folks

I have a young mates 21st coming up soon and i know he wants some chinks , !!! i have never done chinks or chaps but i am now wanting to fix some up for him , so i would like to ask all you good folk out there for some info ,, first !!! What is the best leather to make my mates chinks out of.?? He thinks elk is the GO I am from oz ,,, we dont have them here .

So i would like to ask some of you in the know what sort of leather should i use, and if someones has patterns i am more than happy to buy them at the right price

Cheers

Bevan

ps would roo be ok for chaps /chinks????

Bevan

I am not sure how easy it is for you to get chap type leather there but I think a good soft chrome tanned hide will work. I like leather that is about 5oz for most chinks. I have a DVD on how to make chinks that does come with full sized patterns. The DVD runs 49.95 plus Shipping and Handling. You can get them from my web site www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com

I hope this helps some. I have never been around roo hide so not sure about how it will work.

Mark

I would like to add that Marks' chink pattern is very good.

As is his 'how to make chinks' DVD. I recommend both.

Joel

Bevan

I am not sure how easy it is for you to get chap type leather there but I think a good soft chrome tanned hide will work. I like leather that is about 5oz for most chinks. I have a DVD on how to make chinks that does come with full sized patterns. The DVD runs 49.95 plus Shipping and Handling. You can get them from my web site www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com

I hope this helps some. I have never been around roo hide so not sure about how it will work.

Mark

Gday Mark

got your DVD today havent had a chance to have a capitain cook yet but will as soon as i can thanks for your reply to my questions but 1 more for ya mate ,,, how thick is 5 oz???? i hope that dont sound to stupid but i hear you blokes talk in oz all the time so was just woundering how thick is , 1,2,3,4,5,oz ,and so on , i work in mm but can convert from 64, 32, 16, 8ths our roo is about 1.2 mm thick which is about 0.047 in so what oz is that ???

I hope that dont sound like too much shit but it would help this end !!

Cheers Mate

Bevan

Edited by Bevan

Bevan, not too sure what thickness you can get Roo in, if memory serves me, I got some in 2 to 2 1/2oz, and I made a set of chinks for a guy up here out of Roo I got from Weaver quite a few years back. There was a cutting horse guy that wanted something different , that nobody else had. He also wanted them light and thin because durring the cutting season up here the temps get into the 90's quite often and all the other guys would only put their chaps on when they went into the arena to cut a cow. Once he got his, he loved them and wore them all day! He said that they were great and he hardly know that he had them on. Lots of folks since have wanted some, but; they balk at the price. Roo is expensive, however; they make a really, really nice pair of chinks, that will be admired by all. I actually used 2 hides to get the job done. Once they wore in a little, they took on a mellow orange/tan color that really made them stand out, he still uses them today and that is now some 10 years of use. By all means, if you want to make something unique, that your mate will be proud of for a long time to come, Roo is the ticket.

Bondo Bob

Thanks Bondo Bob

I will give roo ago and hope he likes them , he seems to think elk is the stuff to use ??

Thanks again folks

Cheers

Bevan