AgronZoti

Singer 29k62

Hi All I just got hold of an old 29k62 singer in super condition it also has a retrofitted electric motor… cost me around 200 $

I only hand stitch but I had to have one of these the shop. Also I thought to maybe use it to stitch the edge on

belts to bring the price down a bit.

Does anyone know what thread sizes it can use?

And the only thing with the machine that’s not that good is the foot… does anyone have any experience with

new feet that fit it or can be easily modified…

Any help and info is deeply appreciated.

There's a 29k Feeder Foot on eBay - Item No 390033998672 - which looks to be new, and at a good price.

I won't get into thread weights, because I'm sure our UK threads use different descriptions from those of other countries, although I've seen No 69 mentioned in a US publication.

Great buy! The feet are around 18 bucks plus shipping from Toledo Industrial Sewing machine 866-362-7397. Thread is 138 at the most with a 25 needle.

Yes... excellent price. I use #69 thread in my 29K60. It likes that weight a lot.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Thanks all... i didnt have machine thread so i went nuts on it and tested it out with hand stitching thread... used some lines thread 3 cord... and to mu suprise the machine handeled it just fine... the thread frayed a bit...

Thanks all... i didnt have machine thread so i went nuts on it and tested it out with hand stitching thread... used some lines thread 3 cord... and to mu suprise the machine handeled it just fine... the thread frayed a bit...

If the thread frays, the needle is too small. Go lower on the thread size or key up the needle size.

If the thread frays, the needle is too small. Go lower on the thread size or key up the needle size.

The 3 cord thread is about half way between a 207 size thread and a 277 size machine thread. Your needle is too small. You can try spraying a leather conditioner on the thread until you can get the machine thread in the sizes you want to use. It should reduce some of the fraying that occurs. cuttersexchange.com is the place to get a downloadable manual for that machine. You can get the parts list there too.

Presser feet shouldnt cost any more than what you have been told in the last few emails. You can also get alot of the singer parts at Pilgrims. They have a large supply of needles, parts and maybe even so prewound bobbins for that machine.

Great Find!

Good stitching

stitcher1

Well the 3 cord test was to se if the timing on the bobbin was ok… ’I unscrewed the bottom hatch to the bobbin case or end of the arm… and to my horror a cogged pin dropped out and a little spring. The spring didn’t worry me it had its place were it sat and was straight forward… But the pin ohh my lord… after testing the timing and placing the cogged pin on different positions along the central round cog I got the timing right, or at lest it logged right for my eyes. The bobbin shuttle claw passed the needle just as the needle moved up a bit and down to let the claw catch the tread.

Well a long story short I didn’t trust my skills as this was the first time I tinkered with a machine and I had to test it to se if I had messed it up.

Stitchers1: The Pilgram site can you place give me the ling to it… I tried to find it but pilgrim is a common used word and I got anything but the site I was logging for.

I've sent you a pm with the Singer 29K62 Manual attached.

Have fun!

The 3 cord thread is about half way between a 207 size thread and a 277 size machine thread. Your needle is too small. You can try spraying a leather conditioner on the thread until you can get the machine thread in the sizes you want to use. It should reduce some of the fraying that occurs. cuttersexchange.com is the place to get a downloadable manual for that machine. You can get the parts list there too.

Presser feet shouldnt cost any more than what you have been told in the last few emails. You can also get alot of the singer parts at Pilgrims. They have a large supply of needles, parts and maybe even so prewound bobbins for that machine.

Great Find!

Good stitching

stitcher1

Hey Agron.

You can call Pepes Lädervaror AB , Adress: Flisvägen 1 743 94 SKYTTORP, SVERIGE. I think they can help.

Telefon:

+46 18-35 21 00

E-mail:

info@pepesladervaror.se

Webbsida:

www.pepesladervaror.se

/Knut

Edited by oldtimer

Thanks Oldtimer...

They did have stuuf i could use for my machine needls and bobbins... they even had the treading wire realy cheap...

Now im just waiting on the tread i ordered from U.S.A. the shiping cost was much higher then the stuff i ordered lol :)

Stitchers1: The Pilgram site can you place give me the ling to it… I tried to find it but pilgrim is a common used word and I got anything but the site I was logging for.

http://www.pilgrimshoemachine.com/

Thanks Oldtimer...

They did have stuuf i could use for my machine needls and bobbins... they even had the treading wire realy cheap...

Now im just waiting on the tread i ordered from U.S.A. the shiping cost was much higher then the stuff i ordered lol :)

Agron, you can order your thread from www.jerndahls.com/ I think shipping will be cheaper than ordering from the US.