Joseph

Thrift Store re-uses

I am a nut for thrift store buys. We have a DAV store that once in a while has a 97 cent sale for clothing. I like looking at the leather belts (that nobody but me wants to purchase). I can usually harvest some nice hardware along with some nice leather.

My latest one is a brown belt that I cut up and made some wristbands. Sometimes I have to get creative with the existing holes because I do not want to waste a bit.

Here is one wristband I made.

I would be interested in hearing other success stories with leather from thrift stores.

2009-09-03 wristband (2).JPG

post-5405-125202328237_thumb.jpg

I am a nut for thrift store buys. We have a DAV store that once in a while has a 97 cent sale for clothing. I like looking at the leather belts (that nobody but me wants to purchase). I can usually harvest some nice hardware along with some nice leather.

My latest one is a brown belt that I cut up and made some wristbands. Sometimes I have to get creative with the existing holes because I do not want to waste a bit.

Here is one wristband I made.

I would be interested in hearing other success stories with leather from thrift stores.

hay joe,

graet looking wrest band i havn't used thrift store leather sence i was a kid and was recicling my mom's and grandma's old hand bags it to my head banger gear, but on a trip to the salvation army i found a leather back pack that i'm planing on puting on some bling and tooled paches and giving it to my little girl i like to call her booger

Yes, buying old belts is a cheap way to amass a collection of buckles.