I saw bobocats sheridan carving this morning and got inspired to try my hand at it.....I gave it my best shot, and this is what I came up with. I like it, but by no means a comparison. No finish yet, maybe tomorrow

Sheridan_Wallet.jpg

post-6740-1224645071_thumb.jpg

Edited by russinchico

Good job for your first floral. It's a lot tougher to do than it looks, isn't it?

There's a lot to learn about doing floral carving, and lots of techniques to practice before anyone becomes proficient at it. Swivel knife work, Beveling, backgrounding,etc. Keep reading all the topics here, and pick up the books, they really are invaluable.

As you complete the projects, try putting them up in the critique section, and there should be lots of advice to help make the job easier.

The Sheridan style of carving is different than this type of floral carving. As you explore, you'll see the differences.

Very nice looking work. Don't knock yourself. It looks great and can only get better.

Good job for your first floral. It's a lot tougher to do than it looks, isn't it?

There's a lot to learn about doing floral carving, and lots of techniques to practice before anyone becomes proficient at it. Swivel knife work, Beveling, backgrounding,etc. Keep reading all the topics here, and pick up the books, they really are invaluable.

As you complete the projects, try putting them up in the critique section, and there should be lots of advice to help make the job easier.

The Sheridan style of carving is different than this type of floral carving. As you explore, you'll see the differences.

yes, Its a lot harder than it looks. It was a fun project tho. How did bobocat get everything to flow so soothly? I didn't realize there was adifference between sheridan and floral styles. Never paid that much attention to it. I definately need to get more books.