HawkIS

Which One Of These Should I Buy?

I am a beginner and am looking at a few sewing machines available. I need to be able to sew two 5 oz pieces of leather together. Considering the price, which one of these would be best? They all have servo motors.

Consew 226R-2 ($800)

Highlead GC0618-1SC ($1,200)

Adler K267 ($1000)

Consew 206RB-5 ($1,250)

Pfaff 1245 ($1,100)

Pfaff 145 ($900)

Thanks for your input.

I´d say they are all about the same class and have the same performance. Maybe one or two may have a higher foot lift but 2x 5oz are no problem for either machine. But the foot lift is probably something you should consider for future projects. So if I were in your position I'd consider the price and the availability for parts and accessories. So my choice would be the Consew 226.

But you should also check the motors. Do the machines have a clutch or servo motor? The speed of the clutch motors is not easy co control (most of the times) - they alway run at top speed and the speed of your machine can be controlled only by how much pressure you give on the clutch via your pedal. And that could be tricky, sometimes there is just a 1/10 of an inch between no speed and full speed. but they have a good torque. At servo motor you can regulate the top speed by just tuning a knob. Servo motors are more energy efficient as well. But they loose torque when you slow them down.

Thanks for the input. I just called this morning and the Consew 226 sold, so I am back to the other options now.

I have the 206RB-5. Pretty painless, and no problem with a couple layers of 5 oz. Runs good. Still, unless it's new, that price seems a bit severe.

I have the 206RB-5. Pretty painless, and no problem with a couple layers of 5 oz. Runs good. Still, unless it's new, that price seems a bit severe.

The 206RB-5 is new. So is the Highlead GC0618-1SC, the rest are used.