Sign in to follow this  
rsg3

new machine

I got a Neel's saddlery model 441 the other day, so far i am happy with the machine. I still have to get used to using and making adjustments to it. Ryan Neel and his buddy were very nice and helpful. They took about two hours to go over setting up the machine and letting me sew with it( plus we BS'ed a bit also). Really nice guys and their prices are good too. Now my question is (if you can tell from the pictures) how much can i adjust the machine to get rid of the marks on the back side of the leather? It looks as though the leather is really being forced down into the opening in the needle plate( a holster needle plate). sorry about the pictures i am having trouble posting them441c.JPG

post-4141-1204407994_thumb.jpg

Edited by rsg3

I got a Neel's saddlery model 441 the other day, so far i am happy with the machine. I still have to get used to using and making adjustments to it. Ryan Neel and his buddy were very nice and helpful. They took about two hours to go over setting up the machine and letting me sew with it( plus we BS'ed a bit also). Really nice guys and their prices are good too. Now my question is (if you can tell from the pictures) how much can i adjust the machine to get rid of the marks on the back side of the leather? It looks as though the leather is really being forced down into the opening in the needle plate( a holster needle plate). sorry about the pictures i am having trouble posting them441c.JPG

Is that the Model 6 you're talling about? Call up Ryan and ask about some feeddogless needleplates.

It's the Model 441, i'm not sure what the model 6 is , the model 441 is very near identical to a Toro 3000 in looks and how it is equipped. I tried to post some better pictures earlier, but was unable to. I will check into the feeddogless needleplates. thanks

It's the Model 441, i'm not sure what the model 6 is , the model 441 is very near identical to a Toro 3000 in looks and how it is equipped. I tried to post some better pictures earlier, but was unable to. I will check into the feeddogless needleplates. thanks

Ok, his 441 is the shortarm version of the model 6, which is similar to the 4000 and superbull 2000. The needle plates will be for either machine.

ed