Slickhorn

Bucking Roll Install Options? Advice Please?!?!

Any 'neat tricks' for installing bucking rolls on a Wade without a screw at the base of the fork? He doesn't have a screw under the front/seat jockey either, only up in front of the fork.

A buddy called last week and wanted a set of rolls for his work saddle. No sweat. Threw a set together, dropped them in the mail. He called Sunday and asked "how do I mount these?" My own fault for not getting a pic of his saddle first.

Easy answer is to just punch a hole in the jockey and run a screw to secure them, but I'm assuming that my limited experience is probably missing some other ingenious technique?

So any slick ways to mount rolls on a wade that doesn't have the screw, better than just adding a screw?

not after the fact as how else would you handle the stress that will be generated by contact? By being careful to be far enough forward so as not to interfere with stirrup leather movement and balanced and the addition of the screw need not be a negative but with nice leather buttons and perhaps a pair of JW screw conchas a positive overall.

You can make a set that wraps around the swell thru the handhole and fastens to the screw in the front gullet. They can also be made to buckle around the swell without using any screws. They are not as secure, but they do work.

That's kinda what I assumed - "you CAN mount them other ways, but they won't be secure..."

Thanks fellas...