Kaje

Hibiscus Basket Weave Wallet

Finally made a wallet for myself, still used it as a chance to try out a new interior design. It has 3 card pockets and a big cash pocket in the back. When I use this style again I'll probably make it a little wider and somehow expand the cash pocket so it can stretch a little more. At the moment I have it pretty stuffed.

post-28500-0-39839900-1413434492_thumb.j

post-28500-0-21032800-1413434504_thumb.j

post-28500-0-80773200-1413434518_thumb.j

post-28500-0-86263000-1413434528_thumb.j

It's a lie, no leatherworker has money - unless they are on the way to the leather store!

Nice work :)

Wallet looks nice. I've never seen that much money before. :cowboy:

Wallet looks nice. I've never seen that much money before. :cowboy:

Haha, thanks. I normally don't have any cash, it's birthday money I haven't decided what to spend on yet.

Absolutely love the colour job on this one! What are the products/dyes/antique used?

Beautiful job! :)

Absolutely love the colour job on this one! What are the products/dyes/antique used?

Beautiful job! :)

Thanks! Fiebings pro oil dye black on the border, angelus acrylic paint for the hibiscus and letters, 2 coats of angelus satin acrylic finisher for the resist and then black angelus acrylic antique over everything with another coat of the finisher on top. I did use some brown dye to fill in the background area of the flower and letters but would probably do black next time.

Kaje

Very nice workmanship ! especially fond of the hibiscus flower, Your art looks flawless ! ---------------- Wild Bill46