BigMack1990

Wwii Style Shoulder Holster Hardware

Hello, I am new to the forum and fairly new to leather working. I want to make a holster for my fathers 1911 modeled after the WWII style over the shoulder. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the certain type of snap they used on the top strap that holds the gun in the holster? I am just going to use a regular snap for the belt strap but was trying to make it authentic. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

The one and only I have ever seen had a post instead of a snap.

They are available at Tandy's.

May God bless,

Dwight

Are you refering to this style snap?

post-15001-0-44040100-1416724649_thumb.j

post-15001-0-53454900-1416724696_thumb.j

Yes they are still available. THey are Lift the-Dot 4 piece fastners. They are manufactured by the Dot company. THe easiest place to find them is if there is a Marine/boat supply place near you. Ordering on line most require a minimum order of 100 and sell the pieces individualy. I found a place on ebay that sells a five pack of all 4 pieces for $15.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-The-Dot-Stud-Socket-w-Backing-Plates-Black-Oxide-5-Piece-/221312158480?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item33873b8b10&vxp=mtr The issue holster had them either government Black or brass. Either is period correct.