Sign in to follow this  
rickeyfro

Free Hand Groover

Has anyone tried the Jeremiah Watt freehand stitch groover? Looking for one and was thinking of purchasing this one, Ive got a versa groover but was looking to get one of these so I can leave my versa groover set where I need it. Ive never used any of the horseshoe brand tools but they look very well made.

I've got a #1 I use quite a bit. The description says it is for #207 and #277 thread. I use it for #346 without a problem. I don't have any complaints about it.

Thanks Bruce, thats the one I was looking at, do you have any of Jeremiahs round edge edgers? I was thinking about trying them out too

I have Jeremiah's round bottom edgers from#1 through #4. I use them all. Be aware that the #3 and 4 are pretty big. I use the #3 to round saddle skirts. The #4 I use to trim after sewing through something oversized. In my experience they don't hold an edge quite as long as Ron's edgers, but sharpen up in a flash.

The rest of my edger lineup from Jeremiah is (besides the free hand groover and the round bottoms above) -

#3 and 6 french edgers - very sharpa nd smooth cutting but the trade off is thin blades. Easy enough to pop off the end of the blade if you try a tight turn trimming something out and apply a little inadvertant leverage. They will sharpen right back up though.

#1 bisonette - pretty good, from when I was trying out a couple makers to get some "in-between" sizes for my wife. I am liking the bisonette style edgers a lot too.

#2 turnback edger - nice for slots

#2 and #3 vizzard pattern edgers. I like them a lot, and use them to trim with as well as edge. A real handy pattern I think. They will do a lot of slots too. I'd like to see them in more sizes.