bonyboy

3Rd Sheath Made. For A Knife Made For My Brother

This is the 3rd sheath I have made that is not absolutely horrendous. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Seth

P.s. I also made the knife for my little brother.

post-35317-0-25118900-1349149745_thumb.j

post-35317-0-16898800-1349149820_thumb.j

post-35317-0-31520100-1349149848_thumb.j

post-35317-0-45343400-1349149900_thumb.j

From the old grump: Looks pretty damned decent to my old eyes. I can't tell just how thightly the haft is held by the sheath, but IF it happens to be looser than you like, you can tighten that area up by tapering the welt. Now, most of my sheaths are double welted and lined, but that's how I get a good bit of retention on a knife. Here's a pic or two of what I mean. You can see just where the haft seats in the sheath. Mike

004-6.jpg

006-3.jpg

002-14.jpg

Mr. grump.... Thank you! The fit is actually really tight on this one.... Mostly because the handle on the knife is so fat. But I will definitely keep your advice in mins for future projects. The sheaths you made are very nice! Someday I will make one as nice. Great job! And thank you again for you're advice!

Looks good, hope my first one comes out as nice.

Eli

Godspeed, thank you this was not my first I did have some practice before this one for sure.

Chiefjason, thank you! Ya my brother doesn't hunt so it probably won't get a whole lot of use unless I borrow it. But he requested it so I couldn't turn him down.