Sign in to follow this  
maddhatter

some work i've done

etsy_pics_030.jpgetsy_pics_031.jpg

i'm new to the site and i wanted to thank you all for all the great information that you have posted really helps a want to be better leathercrafter out, so i've seen alot of your work figured i would show you a piece of mine and see what you all have to say, belive me you wont hurt my feelings i've been told i don't have any :innocent: thanks much for letting me post and being apart of a great site.

maddhatter

post-9881-1238197035_thumb.jpg

post-9881-1238197088_thumb.jpg

First off, I love how you've displayed the piece for photography! Second, I love the color and choice of border stamp. And the pattern itself, for that matter. As I'm sure you know, your bevelling needs some work - but practice will help with that. I hated bevelling for a very long time, myself. A nice piece!

First off, I love how you've displayed the piece for photography! Second, I love the color and choice of border stamp. And the pattern itself, for that matter. As I'm sure you know, your bevelling needs some work - but practice will help with that. I hated bevelling for a very long time, myself. A nice piece!

thanks for the feed back on the cuff wildrose, yeah i know my beveling sucks big time as well as my basketweave, but with the help from this site i've been able to find out what and how to change my mistakes and how to hold the tools in the right postion to get the walking effect down, there was a great video on walking bevelers that helped out alot, so i can only hope to inprove greatly, thank you again for the feed back i'll post more when complete.

maddhatter

Wildrose put my thoughts to words about beveling.

This reminds me alot of my early work where I did many celtic and viking themed bracers.

You'll make improvements on carving and beveling with each and everytime you do it so you'll get the hang of it really soon.

Allready you figured the importance of a border wich for me is more important than the beveling on this bracer and the antiqued look fits it perfect.

Good looking bracer, waiting to see more from you!!!

Tom

Wildrose put my thoughts to words about beveling.

This reminds me alot of my early work where I did many celtic and viking themed bracers.

You'll make improvements on carving and beveling with each and everytime you do it so you'll get the hang of it really soon.

Allready you figured the importance of a border wich for me is more important than the beveling on this bracer and the antiqued look fits it perfect.

Good looking bracer, waiting to see more from you!!!

Tom

thanks tom, yeah i know i still need work, but with every thing it all comes with time and practice, which i'm working on doing with reading every thing i can get my hands on, thanks for the input hope my next piece is better

maddhatter