I'll start off by saying that I love this forum. I have learned so much from reading everyone else's post.thumbsup.gif

The other day I was working on a holster for my derringer and I decided to make a batch of Vinegaroon for it. I followed the directions listed on this forum. I love how black the leather came out.

post-11824-009095600 1282817837_thumb.jp post-11824-058099900 1282817843_thumb.jp

I'm glad I stumbled across the topic of vinegaroon, it adds another level of homemade to my projects.

It looks nice--you got a very rich black and the form looks good--but I'm concerned about the exposed trigger

It looks nice--you got a very rich black and the form looks good--but I'm concerned about the exposed trigger

Thanks.

As for the exposed trigger, it has a cross bar safety and it's never carried cocked and locked. It's always in the half cocked position with the safety on.

I always cover the triggers but I found this design on a western shooting page and it grabbed me. Figured I would give it a try.

Try also the rust tank method by Will Ghormley .

Takes a bit of time to get the liquid ready but the result are really good with no vinegar odor .

VERY nice derringer holster , mate .

JR