Ferg

Ups Delivery People

We normally have very little problem with FedEx or UPS delivery personnel, BUT!

This year they have put items in the rain, (Cases of Copy Paper). Last couple weeks in the snow.

Machinery repair parts, etc.

We have a sign on the front most door, not delivery door, for them to take items to far door after the overhead doors. They haven't opened or attempted to open the door.

Don't know if this is partly due to our "Fabulous" educational system or what!

Decided to place an additional sign on the delivery door, it reads as follows.

UPS AND FEDEX DELIVERY

GRASP DOOR KNOB

TURN IT

OPEN DOOR

PLACE ITEMS INSIDE

I bet they don't even read it!!!!!

ferg

Edited by 50 years leather

Aw Ferg, I know that the ineptitude of others can be frustrating, But; it's Christmas time and perhaps they are helpers form a local special needs home!! We have both seen more than our share of this stuff, but; at this point I guess there is not much more you can do other than what you already did. Merry Christmas! Bob

Call your local UPS depot office -- that is unacceptable and needs to be stopped immediately. This is people's STUFF we're talking about...not trash. It shouldn't be left out in the rain/snow/etc. irrespective of "why" it happens.

One of the drivers in my area was scanning my stuff as "Delivered" just whenever he felt like it. I get instant notifications on my tablet to tell me immediately when the status changes. I was getting "delivered" notifications, so I'd go outside and look around -- no truck, no package, nothing. Then the guy showed up like twenty minutes later with my package. A call to the depot stopped that in a hurry.

Edited by TXAG

Yeah, call their office and take it up with them. If you leave a passive aggressive note like that, they may just end up throwing your stuff around just to spite you.

A follow up:

The sign on the delivery door done the trick. The regular driver is a lady who has been driving for them quite awhile, she is very good.

I would have given a $100 to see the look on the person's face when they read the sign.

They have delivered several large packages since, all were brought into the building. LOL

ferg