pinkchaps

Cutting Or Press Plate For A Sheridan Style Belt

Leather cutting or press plate. It's used but it's in perfect condition It's made to make a 1 1/2 belt They save a lot of time not having to lay out your pattern and cutting it in with a swivel knife and its exact ever time, all down your belt. I'll take a $100 for it plus shipping. I used it on a lot of filigree belts. post-5973-0-43035900-1423236750_thumb.jp

What is the brand name or who made it?

How much are these new? And How long is it?

Does that actually cut the leather or just crease it?

Basically it is a craftaid equivalent. Just lays out your pattern so you can get to work.

Cheers!

Completely wrong It's noting like a craft aid. If you look the picture of it. The only swivel knife used was for the decorative cuts. It cuts the lines for you. If used in the manner it was made for. But. It's like a cookie-cutter. There Designed to mash down and cut out a cookie out of dough But that's not sayin you can't light touch it to the dough and then get out the your knife and cut the lines of dough By hand.but that's not the intended use. And as for other ?s. It's 8 1/2 inches And what do they cause new. Hard to say. It's like buying clicker dies. more corners , curves and complex the more it cost. But base $165 and up. I'd say no more than $350 . And not trying to be rude. If someone is asking a question about something someone else has for sale. I would be very hesitant in answering the question for them in less with out a shadow of doubt I was 100% right. Because it can hurt. All three party's

Sorry, but I hope you realize I make these kinds of things. Those are impressions, not cuts. so it is fact like a craft aid, except that it has been made to be pressed or stamped.

You yourself say it's mashed down. That's not saying it's not useful for something done over and over, but don't say something it's not. It's a stamp or press plate as you have said.

It makes deeper impressions than a craft aid for where the swivel knife CUTS would be. But it is not parting the leather.

Cost on those should be in the $6-$8 square inch from those of us that make these kinds of things. So $100 would be correct for a retail price.

Edited by Studio-N