I guess it would have been more prudent to as this before I got this far... but :blink:

I am making a kit biker wallet and planned on lining the thing with some cool skull and roses patterned material.

The theme is obviously skulls throughout with tooling on the outside. Anyway, I used a iron on stiffener to attach the

material to and then was going to put the liner into the places it would be seen, but man.. a biker wallet is already thick... the binder stuff makes it thicker.

Should I forgo and just put the liner onto the leather?

Does the liner get glued to the leather or will the stitching/lacing be enough?

HELP!

Allen :o

Did you use interfacing, or one of those iron-on patch things? Fusible interfacing comes in different weights; you might want to find one that's lighter, so it'll bend easier.

I started out using a iron on binder thing, but I did not like it, so I scraped it. I only used a thin strip to fold the liner over so I could make the liner terminate in a pocket that the top would be exposed. It gave me a place to sew that wasn't just the cloth material and reinforced the top fold of the liner. All that is left is the lacing. I am a bit embarrassed, I am ex-navy, was a search and rescue volunteer for mountain rescues and still do a lot of repelling., but.... I can not for the life of me make the double loop lacing look right. I have tied and untied so many knots over the years that I can do most with my eyes closed hanging upside down. But this dang ole double loop lacing infuriates me!

Maybe I should hang upside down and try it....

Allen

Ok I got it done. Jump over to the thread here:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5741

Let me know what you think.

Allen

For the next time you use the double loop, think of it as tying a funny shaped bowline.

I guess it would have been more prudent to as this before I got this far... but :blink:

I am making a kit biker wallet and planned on lining the thing with some cool skull and roses patterned material.

The theme is obviously skulls throughout with tooling on the outside. Anyway, I used a iron on stiffener to attach the

material to and then was going to put the liner into the places it would be seen, but man.. a biker wallet is already thick... the binder stuff makes it thicker.

Should I forgo and just put the liner onto the leather?

Does the liner get glued to the leather or will the stitching/lacing be enough?

HELP!

Allen :o

I use rubber cement. Put rubber cement on the back of your liner and put it on your leather where you want the liner to stick. Let both dry completely....about 15-30 minutes. Then apply the liner onto the leather and use an old kitchen baking roller to roll it out and make sure you don't get any bubbles and the fabric lays flat. I handstitch it also.