Currently making a pair of bowies for a future knife hog hunt. Here is the first, tried to keep a theme for the planned hunt.

post-42611-0-12981700-1406378280_thumb.j

post-42611-0-63734700-1406378288_thumb.j

Very nice work on both.

WOW Very nice! like to try that hog hunt some time but i think gun, love the knife and sheath good luck on the hunt.

Thanks, it was my first using the sam browne button and a departure from my normal pouch style sheath. A lot more stitching but it seemed to turn out alright. Already used a gun the last two times I went so I guess I'm looking for a change. Besides, sounds like good advertising for a knifemaker.

Very nice! You made the knife? Is that a makore handle?

Thanks Monica, and yes I made the knife. I was in the process of making another similar one, but to be honest after viewing that beautiful snakeskin inlaid wallet you posted I have been derailed from knifemaking and am currently attempting to make my wife something similar. Of course it is proving to be a much bigger PITA than I expected. Never would've guessed that I prefer to sew leather 1/2" thick or more compared to the 4oz stuff.

And the wood is a stabilized dyed quilted maple.

Very cool! We keep saying we want to make knives, but it's really hard work, and requires times and dedication, so who knows if we'll ever get around to it. I think it's like leather; you finally realize you can't afford a sweet knife unless you make your own. I love knives with super cool handles like yours, though.

Ha, I'm flattered! I volunteered to make that wallet for my sister, and had exactly the same experience. Small things are so hard, you stitch closer to the edge, use more spi, and thinner thread, none of which did I have, so I did as well as I could and hoped for the best. I'm definitely not making any more wallets until I get the proper tools.

That sure gives a new meaning 2 standing behind what you make and then some!

I am digging that handle.