276ccm

Craftool Strength Problem

Hi guys and girls and happy new year!

I´m fully aware of that craftool are not known to be the best tools out there, but I got a couple of two new Barry King 20 oz. hitters in the mail today.. one maul and one hammer style mallet. They seems to be awesome by the way!

The problem is that after about an half an hour after I started my new project, the craftool B801 started to bending over and I´m afraid it´s going to break.. and then I´ll make some ugly marks in my project. It´s hard to work with now, and I´m afraid to try to bend it back... I´m such in the mood to continue :-)

Can it be that my maul is too heavy, even tho I´m not hitting hard, or is this a common problem with the tool? Is this a monday model of the craftool and I should get a new one from the dealer? Or is it likely that I´m the problem :-)

What do you guys think of it? :-)

post-6507-044695200 1325352705_thumb.jpg

post-6507-021633200 1325352725_thumb.jpg

post-6507-074912700 1325354018_thumb.jpg

Edited by 276ccm

You know, they aren't made of stainless steel, 1018 steel, or O-1; I really don't know if what they are made of can be classified technically as steel. So they do bend and break some, on the other hand they are cheap, and Tandy will replace them if they break. You should know better than to use a well made maul on a cheap tool, Craftools are made to be hit with one of those rolled-up rawhide hammers.

Art

Hi guys and girls and happy new year!

I´m fully aware of that craftool are not known to be the best tools out there, but I got a couple of two new Barry King 20 oz. hitters in the mail today.. one maul and one hammer style mallet. They seems to be awesome by the way!

The problem is that after about an half an hour after I started my new project, the craftool B801 started to bending over and I´m afraid it´s going to break.. and then I´ll make some ugly marks in my project. It´s hard to work with now, and I´m afraid to try to bend it back... I´m such in the mood to continue :-)

Can it be that my maul is too heavy, even tho I´m not hitting hard, or is this a common problem with the tool? Is this a monday model of the craftool and I should get a new one from the dealer? Or is it likely that I´m the problem :-)

What do you guys think of it? :-)

Thanks for your reply!

Yea, maybe I should have known better, but I´m learning something new all the time.. :-) Some of the problem is that I´m in Norway and many of these things costs the white out of the eye over here.

There is a lot of stuff I wish I could afford, but I can´t get it all at the same time.. I have to start somewhere, and upgrade little now and then when i can. I believe it´s better to work with something than

nothing.. This craftool I bought over here, so I´ll see if I can get a new one.. hope they have the same policy here :-)