Phil2011

Softsoled Tall Boots Pattern ?

Hi!

Some years ago I bought these Tandy patterns:

post-27007-002564100 1323401932_thumb.jppost-27007-084023100 1323401963_thumb.jp

I started to work, but as you may guess I met the same problem as any user of these patterns meets: size of upper part and size of sole don't match...:ranting2:

So, I don't plan to use these patterns any more!..

Well, I already made softsoled tall boots by designing the patterns by myself. But I'm looking for other patterns to be able to make various styles. Thanks in advance for help! ;)

Hi!

post-27007-002564100 1323401932_thumb.jppost-27007-084023100 1323401963_thumb.jp

I started to work, but as you may guess I met the same problem as any user of these patterns meets: size of upper part and size of sole don't match...:ranting2:

Hi Phil,

What did you mean saying "don't match"? If you mean what circumference (perimeter) of sole and top are not the same, then it is ok for that sort of pattern. Sole should be a bit bigger by design as it is going to go a bit off the floor line and up .

When I assembled mocs using first pattern show on your pictures, I met no any issues. Boots came out in appearance exactly as they pictured on the cover.

Or did you mean something else?

suicide, I agree with you

Hi!

So, I don't plan to use these patterns any more!..

Well, I already made softsoled tall boots by designing the patterns by myself. But I'm looking for other patterns to be able to make various styles. Thanks in advance for help! ;)

Phil:

Try these boots again but use some fabric instead of leather. Try fabric that isn't woven but a knit. You can play all you want while you figure this out without damaging leather.

If you want something more "robin hood" try this tutorial on constructing a pattern to fit... it's several pages so read through everything before you begin.

http://www.seamlyne.com/design/costume/footwear/footwear_index.asp

Phil,

I see you're French, where in France are you? are you a re-enactor or western enthusiast?

cheers from Belgium.

Gunter

I know this post was years ago but i have just finished a pair of boots from the first tandy pattern.
At first i had the same problem but the sole is supposed to turn up and pucker a bit. The holes on the sole are spread further apart than those that they are sewing into deliberately to pull up the edges of the sole. It looks weird until you finish sewing them on.
After they wear in a little bit they sit a lot better.

I know this post was years ago but i have just finished a pair of boots from the first tandy pattern.

At first i had the same problem but the sole is supposed to turn up and pucker a bit. The holes on the sole are spread further apart than those that they are sewing into deliberately to pull up the edges of the sole. It looks weird until you finish sewing them on.

After they wear in a little bit they sit a lot better.

Do you mind posting a photo so we can see the finished product? I picked up this pattern dirt cheap years ago and one day I would like to make a pair..

Karina