Sign in to follow this  
ValinorKings

My take on a fanny pack

Just finished this up and I'm super happy with how it came out. Especially the rich finish. It's kinda hard to tell but it's covered in ants. And I couldn't find an ant stamp so every single one of them was hand carved one by one. It was reeeeal fun... Haha. The inside is "upholstered" with faux lynx fur, fancy touch. Let me know what y'all think!

sama_004.jpg

post-7376-1239397784_thumb.jpg

Edited by ValinorKings

interesting, nice but interesting. I cant imagine carving all of those ants.

WOW! Ants, lots and lots of ants. :unsure: That must have taken forever. Nice job!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: Very creative and unique. :clapping: I am a little curious.... why ants?

WOW! Ants, lots and lots of ants. :unsure: That must have taken forever. Nice job!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: Very creative and unique. :clapping: I am a little curious.... why ants?

Haha not real sure why ants... It was the clients request, so I obliged! Thanks for the kind words too!

Beautiful work!! Do you have anymore pictures? I wouldn't mind seeing how it was put together. ;);)

Ok, ants seem like a strange things to carve on leather, but you did a really nice job of them. SO many of them. It does look pretty neat on the bag though.

I was thinking that's probably the first time I had seen ants carved in leather, but then I remembered a piece Peter Main did a while back with some ants on it that was interesting too.

Thanks for sharing this. It's always fun to see the different ideas people come up with to put on leather.