kamac

2nd and 3rd holsters, 1st sheath

Thought I would post some pictures of my latest efforts.

IWB for a G27. This was my 2nd holster, 1st using veg tanned leather, and 1st attempt at hand stitching. A bit rough, but funtional.

Holster1006.jpg

Holster1007.jpg

My 1st knife sheath. The knife is decent for the money, but the nylon sheath that comes with it is terrible.

Holster1001.jpg

Holster1002.jpg

This is the 3rd holster that I have made, and I am pretty happy with it. Now I just have to figure out how to make the stitching look good on both sides.

Holster1003.jpg

Holster1004.jpg

Holster1005.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Grooving before you stitich would help in aligning your stitches. also, it looks as if your awl isnt being used properly. your awl holes should have paralle edges from hole to hole. And if you dont have a overstitch marker, i would get them. it takes the guessing out of where to stitch and it makes your stitching more uniform.

other then that, i would say youre doing good.

Thought I would post some pictures of my latest efforts.

IWB for a G27. This was my 2nd holster, 1st using veg tanned leather, and 1st attempt at hand stitching. A bit rough, but funtional.

Holster1006.jpg

Holster1007.jpg

My 1st knife sheath. The knife is decent for the money, but the nylon sheath that comes with it is terrible.

Holster1001.jpg

Holster1002.jpg

This is the 3rd holster that I have made, and I am pretty happy with it. Now I just have to figure out how to make the stitching look good on both sides.

Holster1003.jpg

Holster1004.jpg

Holster1005.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Your stiching is improving with each project. The only thing I can add to $$hobby's comments is to watch your stitch pattern. Always pass the needles through the same way. That will eliminate the "jag" in the stich line. (assuming the holes are aligned :) )