Sign in to follow this  
Frida

Quality hardware

In need hardware for my bags. Rivets, dees, buckles, swivel snaps etc. Preferably in solid brass and/or stainless steel. I've found leather and fabrics that I can buy directly from the manufacturers here in Sweden, but I'm totaly lost in the hardware department. I really like what I can see in the Weaver catalog online, but they are in the States, I'm in Sweden. Shouldn't I be able to find something a bit closer? By the way, I have my own company, so that wont be a problem.

Thanks for any help!

Frida

Hi Frida,

getting quality hardware in europe seems to be a mess. I also haven´t found a company where I can get everything i need.

But I can give you some links from some nice companies I found (also with the help of this forum):

1. Laederiet Nice shop in Denmark, have also a quiet big selection

2. Skinhouse Also a shop in Denmark...

3. Skinnlaaven a shop in Norway

Maybe the other guys and gals from Sweden can also give you some tips about getting hardware in Sweden.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks so much Marcel! I've searched the net and this forum, but I hadn't seen those shops before, or I've visited Skindhuset in Copenhagen, but somehow I forgot about them now when I was searching like mad for hardware.

In need hardware for my bags. Rivets, dees, buckles, swivel snaps etc. Preferably in solid brass and/or stainless steel. I've found leather and fabrics that I can buy directly from the manufacturers here in Sweden, but I'm totaly lost in the hardware department. I really like what I can see in the Weaver catalog online, but they are in the States, I'm in Sweden. Shouldn't I be able to find something a bit closer? By the way, I have my own company, so that wont be a problem.

Thanks for any help!

Frida

Hi and welcome to the board Frida!!

Sorry for chiming in so late, I think it is my duty to assess Scandinavian people arriving to the board. I have loads to handle at time being so I'm a little abscent.

Har du kollat in http://www.tjaderlader.se ?? Dom ägs av Norska Skinnlåven som redan nämnts. Jag köper det mesta av mitt material där. Jag bor i Gävle så det är bara ca 6 mil att åka.

För läder kan du ju kolla med Tärnsjö Garveri som ligger i Uppland. Jag har dock inte varit där än men dom sägs vara behjälpliga om man dyker personligen (deras säljpolicy på hemsidan gör gällande att dom bara säljer kvantitet men du har ju firma så ännu mindre problem).

Dock är det ett begränsat utbud på det du söker, jag stör mig hela tiden på att jag inte hittar vad jag söker men är otroligt kräsen också;-)

Tjäderläder påstår iallafall att det är i stort sett bara dom som tillhandahåller såpass stort utbud som dom gör, dock kan dom ta hem Tandys produkter från US utan problem men man får räkna med en väntetid på ca två veckor (det är ju skitkul när man har korta deadlines;-)

Skicka mig PM om vad som helst så är jag behjälplig på alla sätt jag kan, du kan även lägga till mig på Facebook: Tommy Hillgren eller msn om du ber om det via PM.

Får vi se vad du gör för väskor, alla här älskar bilder och det blir lätt nyfiket när det dyker upp skandinaver!!

Tom

If you don't mind buying from the UK, Abbey Saddlery (http://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk/) have a good range of top-quality brassware, but you will need to register with them to get access to the prices on their website.

Le Prevo (http://www.leprevo.co.uk/) also have a good range of quality fittings, and their catalogue is freely available online.

Both companies are happy to deal with overseas customers.

Thanks for any help!

Frida

Hey frida ! Welcome aboard !

Om det är kvalitetsgrejor du är ute efter så är Weaver strängt taget det enda alternativet. Tjäder läder har en massa också men dom tar hem från Tandy o Läderiet o mycket av det håller bara hobbykvalité enligt min mening. Vad är du ute efter? Du kan skicka mej ett PM ( Jag ska ta hem en sändning från USA snart)

mvh/ Knut aka Oldtimer

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I would like my hardware to be from one supplier and I would like to be able to tell my customers where everything comes from, so right now my two main alternatives are Abbey Saddlery and www.poursin-paris.fr. Now when I've know more or less what materials I can and want to use, I have to work on the designs, and then decide on exactly what hardware to us.

By the way, I've ordered leather from Tärnsjö Garveri and while I don't have much experience from working with leather, I really do think it looks really nice and has a high quality.

Thanks again, I love this forum.