Hi, I'm new in this forum.

I recently bought a used pfaff 335 for a very low price, I tried it in the last few days and everything works fine. The only problem is the motor, it's a very old (looks 50's or 60's) clutch motor and it is extremely hard to control the speed (almost no steps between no stitching and the maximum speed). It's the first time I use an indutrial sewing machine and it goes quite fast, I can almost control it but it's sill too much.

I am now looking for a servo motor, I live in switzerland and the simplest way to get one is to purchase it somewere else in europe (switzerland is terribly expensive). I found a website in UK that sells the Jack JK510A https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/JK-510A-220V-550W-ENERGY-SAVING-SERVO-MOTOR it looks fine but in the video attached to the web page it looks like the minimum speed is 500 rpm.

Is it a low speed, on the video it looks fast?

Can I control the speed by changing the pressure of my foot on the pedal or it is a fixed speed?

In the pictures is my pfaff 335 and the motor

Thanks, Nicola

post-35934-0-87515700-1356651931_thumb.j

post-35934-0-67877200-1356652049_thumb.j

That Jacks motor looks good in the video demonstration. It has all kinds of slow and fast speed control. I think it will allow you to sew very slowly if you want to, by backing off the floor pedal with your heel.

I have bought and installed the new motor.

It works very well, it's about 1/5 the size of the previous one, and stronger (far enough for this machine purpose)!