Hi all!

After disappearing from the forum and a break from leathercrafting (was waaay too busy =( ) I'm finally ready to post my first thread into the "Show off" section! 8)

This is my second wallet and here's why I am so proud of it:

1) I'm happy with the dye job!

2) My edges are (imho) almost perfect! Definitely a huge improvement compared to my old ones, thanks to the motorised burnisher.

3) I'm happy with my stitching. Still a couple rough stitches on the inside where i had to double stitch

4) Natural looking water repelling finish.

5) No asymmetrical cuts.

Special thanks to Katsass for his critique of my previous items and to reddevil76 for coin purse pattern!

And thanks to everyone else for all your support!

PS had no time to assemble my new photobox but will try to take a few pics with it next time.

post-24937-063029600 1343854388_thumb.jp

post-24937-094438200 1343854399_thumb.jp

post-24937-023801500 1343854412_thumb.jp

post-24937-048098200 1343854424_thumb.jp

post-24937-016591600 1343854528_thumb.jp

Great Job! I'm pretty sure my second wallet wasn't even usable. You did a nice job on the edges and the stitching.

Ken

Really nice job Amigo.

You should be proud! The overall look of that wallet is clean and professional. Good job.

Bob

From the grump; Chavez - you did good !! Edges, stitching, all looks great, and thanks for the thanks, and you're entirely welcome.. Mike

Edited by katsass

4) Natural looking water repelling finish.

Hey Chavez, what did you use for your finish on this?

Bob

Hey Chavez, what did you use for your finish on this?

Bob

Hi Bob.

Its bag kote and then a coat of golden mink oil paste. It is far from being waterproof, but it protects from accidental splashes.

Looking back I'd use a few coats of aussies instead.

Hi Chavez

Really nice wallet there..you can tell you've put great care and pride into making it..very nice indeed..

I ordered my first tools and some leather from Le Prevo, in Newcastle, yesterday so hopefully, soon, I can put into practice, some of what this site has given me in terms of knowledge..

If I could turn work out as good as that, I'd be chuffed to bits.! :)

Take care

Phil

ps. I was trying to rack my brains, as to why I know the name Chavez.. Ghost Recon name? :)

Hi Horrrk,

I'm sure you'll be able to make something like this in a few months time. I've only been leatherworking in my free time for about 11 months, so I am still a newbie=)

I don't know about ghost recon, but I got my nickname a few years ago when I got a bad case of hay fever and somebody noted that I looked like Hugo Chavez. Then the nickname stuck =)

Hi Bob.

Its bag kote and then a coat of golden mink oil paste. It is far from being waterproof, but it protects from accidental splashes.

Looking back I'd use a few coats of aussies instead.

Thanks! I'll going to be making my first wallet soon and I'm trying to learn what a good finish would be. I really like how your wallet turned out.

Bob

Hey chavez. I really like the natural look of that wallet. Is it for sale?

great work, Chavez.

i keep meaning to make a burnisher to go on the dremel - your edges look great - so thats another project i have to fit in when time allows!

What thickness leather did you use for the inner parts?