bigorange

Mens Wallet Idea Needed

I am a life long leathercraftsmen ( 52), I have never made myself a wallet and the one I have carried for the last 15 years is tired. I am lloking for ideas.

Kindly jump in and help me out !

Thanks Bo

Bo, . . . I was in a leather shop a few months ago, . . . manager called out my name, . . . "I've got a job for you"

Turned out a customer had come in looking for a custom billfold, . . . they don't do it, . . . as a lark he hollered at me.

Customer showed me a 30 year old billfold, . . . said he wanted one just like it, . . . without all the wear.

Long story short, . . . I priced it to him, . . . he never batted an eye, . . . gave me the old one, . . . I got a very happy letter from him later when he got the new one.

Enclosed is the design, . . . the pics are of my "trial piece", . . . but it shows the design.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-089776300 1343700306_thumb.jpg

post-6728-011511100 1343700331_thumb.jpg

Personally, my favorite wallet design is a traditional 7 pocket bi-fold with a fold out ID case. It really comes down to what you like to carry. I think narrowing it down to bi-fold, tri-fold, biker, card case, or money clip would get ideas going. There are a million variations on each one, but I think getting the basic type down would allow everyone to play with details. Good luck with this. It is a hard choice to make knowing you will probobly be using this wallet for a long time.

I am looking for ideas.

Kindly jump in and help me out !

I would highly recommend that it sufficient in size to fit the currency that is used in your location... :innocent:

Seriously though, the Bi-fold style will give you a larger area for a design, but still fold small enough to fit a pocket.

You'll need a degree in decoding cyphers to read my chicken scratch, but I posted a very basic "hipster" wallet on here. You're welcome to use the design and/or modify as you want. Post #8, c'mon, click it. You know you want to.

Big O,

I need one also. I bought a kit of type I wanted and made patterens when this one wears out.

It looks like it will last longer than store bought.

I am into tobacco pipes, so I used that theme to tool on front and back

Now the style of wallets. That depends on how much plastic you have. After seeing 40 years of wallets

Every one fitted to what was needed to be insdie. No I am not a Pickpocket. Just sold Truck parts.

Joe

post-13948-028853900 1343736489_thumb.jppost-13948-087275600 1343736523_thumb.jp

Thanks sounds ideas!. has anyone seen the work of Steve B. he has a product called a document wallet. that looks nice !

Steve B does some nice work, he is a member here or was hasn't dropped in for quite awhile which is a shame.

Clair

Well what I have come up with is a large wallet (Tri fold) closed size is approx 4" x 7 1/2" heavy cover, lined inside , bill locker card locker and two small lockers to hold Dr lic. and other cards that size, I will post images soon !