TomG

Carhartt Belts

I have a customer who wants me to stamp some 3D images into her Carhartt belt.

Does anyone know what kind of leather they use? I’ve looked at a few at the local Northern Tool and saw several models. Some are lined and say Italian Leather. Some look like the flesh side is either glued smooth or burnished smooth and saw Genuine Leather.

Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks

If it is a finished belt you may have a tough time stamping anything on it even if it is veg tanned.

I agree that it may be difficult to get a good result stamping on a finished belt. The best thing you can do is to try it on the same type of belt and see what happens. A girl came over last weekend and stamped a name on a used belt, it turned out okay, but not like it would have been if it was done as the belt was made.

Thanks..

I advised her that with the different leathers, style and finishes possible, that it may not be possible to do. But she insists, so I got a no-harm--no-foul statement from her in writing.

I'm going to see how it takes water front and back and do a test under the buckle, so the tongue can hide it if it does not take.

I'll probably use my arbor press for this one..