Suze

Cats and Lacing

First leather project - a belt pouch for SCA

Johanna is helping me put it together, I was over to her place the other night and we cut out the back and side gussets for a pouch.

When we went to find lacing material - she discovered that 10 years in a basement did not do any of hers any good - it all broke easily. So we "punted" and I am doing a sort of buttonhole/blanket stich with waxed linen thread. (I'm doing it "double" so that there are long stiches on both sides of the "seam" (?).

I now have 3 cats at my feet trying to get the end of the string as it passes back and forth.......

Cats are fun....one stich -- shove cat away with foot.....repeat for other two cats.

I didn't know that I would get a lower body workout sewing leather by hand.

Grin

(See, I'm doing my homework)

Oh yeah, I had a male cat that was just nuts for the end of waxed thread...

First leather project - a belt pouch for SCA

Johanna is helping me put it together, I was over to her place the other night and we cut out the back and side gussets for a pouch.

When we went to find lacing material - she discovered that 10 years in a basement did not do any of hers any good - it all broke easily. So we "punted" and I am doing a sort of buttonhole/blanket stich with waxed linen thread. (I'm doing it "double" so that there are long stiches on both sides of the "seam" (?).

I now have 3 cats at my feet trying to get the end of the string as it passes back and forth.......

Cats are fun....one stich -- shove cat away with foot.....repeat for other two cats.

I didn't know that I would get a lower body workout sewing leather by hand.

Grin

(See, I'm doing my homework)

well I must have "pushed away" once too often - as they are all now curled up in various chairs

Just don't let them actually eat any of it. Cats and strings +/- needles = big vet bills all too often. Maybe you should make an exercise video and sell it for mega bucks as an alternative to those boring ones of people working out in gyms!!

nobody wanted to eat it - just chase it......

however I have one that would like to eat the wool when I am trying to spin - I'm learning that too. and Kumihimo, and beading, and weaving, and ....and....and....

Yed - I probably have ADD - nobody tested for it when I was a kid.

and a hand full of helium. . (ask for a voulenteer. you can tell the "over achevers")

Maybe you could learn to juggle...... with your feet :dunno: I'm not a cat person, so that's a probably a better solution than my first few ideas :deadsubject: (if the horse was the cat)

Maybe you could learn to juggle...... with your feet :dunno: I'm not a cat person, so that's a probably a better solution than my first few ideas :deadsubject: (if the horse was the cat)

Cute......

with the three I have you would be taking your life in your hands if you tried to "juggle" them (two weigh almost 20 pounds)

I just have to "convince" them that that is MY string - not theirs.......sigh

the joy of pets.

I'm dropping off the kids and high-tailing it out of town. They will take your mind off of the pets.

I spent the afternoon in a used-book store, and then we went to dinner (whoo0hoo romantic Valentines Day huh?) and now I'm headed for my grandma's chair. The Internet is wonderful, but nothing beats a good book.

Johanna

I'm dropping off the kids and high-tailing it out of town. They will take your mind off of the pets.

I spent the afternoon in a used-book store, and then we went to dinner (whoo0hoo romantic Valentines Day huh?) and now I'm headed for my grandma's chair. The Internet is wonderful, but nothing beats a good book.

Johanna

good - they can pick up a million and two sticks out in the yard......

How many kids does it take to find the grass back? (said to mr owl)

plus one huge half a tree limb. I need a chainsaw weilding person for about 5 min. Or someone really strong to just drag the thing to the curb. I tried - I can't

PS what time tomorrow? ? ?

nobody wanted to eat it - just chase it......

however I have one that would like to eat the wool when I am trying to spin - I'm learning that too. and Kumihimo, and beading, and weaving, and ....and....and....

Yed - I probably have ADD - nobody tested for it when I was a kid.

and a hand full of helium. . (ask for a voulenteer. you can tell the "over achevers")

Helium hand = Pelican in training!

My late cat Max was banished from the sewing room when he pounced my foot as I worked the foot pedal of my sewing machine. Apparently the stop and start, up and down was too much for his little kitty brain to resist.

I haven't tried spinning with the new cats around, but Bob is fascinated by dangling thread and needles when I stitch leather. Drop spindling is one thing; if they play with that it's just annoying. But I'm actually concerned that they might stick a paw in the spinning wheel, and that would be BAD.

Helium hand = Pelican in training!

My late cat Max was banished from the sewing room when he pounced my foot as I worked the foot pedal of my sewing machine. Apparently the stop and start, up and down was too much for his little kitty brain to resist.

I haven't tried spinning with the new cats around, but Bob is fascinated by dangling thread and needles when I stitch leather. Drop spindling is one thing; if they play with that it's just annoying. But I'm actually concerned that they might stick a paw in the spinning wheel, and that would be BAD.

I already have someone "watching me" for those little baby pelican wings.......EPP

I'm not ready to even THINK about being a Peer (although if someone asked me to be under them - I would accept - the Baroness that is "watching me" I really like and respect. And I HAVE thought about it.

My spinning wheel is an Ashford Kiwi and I have thought about putting a chair or something along the back of it (if and when) I find time to USE it - to keep the vermits out of the back.

Since 9 years ago when I got my Chi-wennie I/we have all been dog people here at home. However we all love just about all animals, can't think of a single kind of animal that doesn't have at least one thing going for it, thus we like/love em all. My wife used to have some kittens/cats, the mama cat had kittens. If I could get some kittens that would stay about 6 to 8 weeks old I would be a dedicated kittens person too. I took a strip of some thin veg/tan leather and some lace and braided fishing line and an old 5 1/2 foot fishing rod and made a toy for the kittens. Well those kittens and I had more fun than a whole bunch of drunk monkeys in a banana plantation. I still laugh when I think of those kittens running, jumping, cutting flips, etc, after that piece of leather. Unfortuneatley(sp) for them and me they grow up. Anyway wishing all a good week and happy pounding on the bovine skin. When my Dr. asked me last week what I did for stress relief, I told him I took one of the little nerve pills he gives me and then go and beat the s**t out of a piece of dead cowhide, and seems to work most times anyway. Bye for now Billy P

When my Dr. asked me last week what I did for stress relief, I told him I took one of the little nerve pills he gives me and then go and beat the s**t out of a piece of dead cowhide,

LMAO! Ummmm, we may have been separated at birth ;0) Thanks fer the chuckle :0)