tulse

Possible leather workers tool? Help identify...

The knurled upper knob turns and the "fingers" adjust outward. The center "nail" part does not move. Can anyone identify this tool? Thanks.

Lock.jpg

lock2.jpg

Edited by tulse

My suggestion is a tool for locating and punching the holes for an eyelet, like the one in the pic ?? whatdoyouthink.gif

/ Knut

fastener.jpg

post-5173-12524945975_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer

Years ago I made tools somewhat like this one for removing and installing keeper rings. Have seen nut starters or grabbers like that also. Can't say for sure what its for.

Edited by Elliot

Nah - its definitely for pricking little holes in the skin of damsons and sloes before you drop them in gin... LOL

I cannot be sure from the pictures (need closer ones of the working end), but judging from the grind shape of the "fingertips" I would guess is a tool for cutting circles through or on the surfaces of harder materials like wood or soft metal. Another thought I had was a tool for making washers.

my vote is DEFINITELY an eyelet punch. If it's not then it is the perfect tool for it.

pete

Hi,

It looks like to use on making holes on fabric for this kind of snap that Scovill makes. It's called "lift-the-dot". (picture attached is from Scovill)

You can find it on some old Military stuffs.

Chris

lift_the_dot.jpg

post-11650-127143822169_thumb.jpg

:rofl::rofl: naw..........it's a STEAMPUNK...MANUAL TATTOO TOOL....

Looks like it's for pre-punching slots to set decorative spots (think draft horse harness) - note that the angle of the cutters is not set to cut a circle as a gasket cutter would be. The centering pin would help with alignment.

Just a guess! BUT if you will send it over here I will be able to play with it and then have a better idea :)